5 Best Practices for Designing Data-Driven ApplicationsAdd bookmark
Analysts predict that smart computing software will become a $48 billion market and have proclaimed that we are in an era of data-driven marketing and sales.
Designing compelling data-driven experiences remain as much of an art as it is a science, especially for customer facing apps with both a large number of users and large data sets.
Fortunately, an emerging set of design principles inspired by consumer devices provides guidelines for delivering apps that inform, connect, and motivate end users.
This piece addresses:
• Five best practices for designing scalable and personalized apps
• Why data is a differentiator in customer facing apps
• Why big data and mobile adoption create new challenges for developers
• How the "small data" design philosophy drives focus and agility
• Suggestions for creating compelling, high-scale data-driven apps and solutions