About Process Excellence Network
PEX Network is the world's leading community of business transformation and process excellence professionals, with more than 160,000 members worldwide.
The world in which our members operate is changing at an increasing rate, driven largely by technology. We exist to guide our members through this change by producing case study-driven content that gives them the tools to improve the efficiency, agility and profitability of their organizations.
We achieve this through a portfolio of industry-leading events, whitepapers, podcasts, webinars and articles.
Our flagship global events take place in the US, Australia, Asia and Europe, responding to the trends affecting process excellence and setting the agenda for a global community of talent. Online, our webinar series give members the chance to interact with PEX leaders from the world’s most innovative organizations.
Driven by our advisory board of process experts, industry-leading surveys and in-depth research we address topics including:
- Lean and six sigma
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Business architecture
- Design thinking
- Process mining
- Business process management (BPM)
- Culture change
- Digital transformation
Membership is free and includes the benefits:
- Build and maintain a business network with your peers outside your organization.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and methodologies with thought leadership and case study examples.
- Learn from case studies of businesses that have implemented and scaled projects.
- Upskill yourself and your team with free content and online events that introduce, explore and define best practice on topics from bots to change management.
- Gain insights into how process excellence is being applied across different industries from established ‘big name’ businesses and organizations including BP, Microsoft, Coca-cola and digital insurgents including Uber and Starling Bank.
“PEX Network does a lot of great work. It’s just fascinating. Any time we’re dealing with process excellence – I like it!”
US Army General Ann Dunwoody