What's next for Business Process Management? Interview with Dominic Greenwood, COO of Whitestein Technologies
"Data is becoming increasingly relevant to everything that we do in business and the way we conduct ourselves," says Dominic Greenwood, COO of Whitestein Technologies. "This is driving a fundamental shift in the way that BPM is addressing the enterprise." In this PEXNetwork.com video interview, Greenwood discusses key changes he’s seeing in approaches to Business Process Management, the increasing influence of data, and the rising importance of linking up BPM to top level business strategy using a goal-based approach.
Questions discussed in this interview:
- About every decade or so we seem to reinvent or rebrand our approach to transforming and improving businesses. We’ve seen a lot of the same or similar concepts and ideas packaged up in new ways (statistical process control becoming Six Sigma, for instance) to become more relevant, more cutting edge. Do you think we’re going to see the same thing with BPM?
- What do you see as the key trends for 2013 and beyond within the BPM sector?
- You’ve talked about goal-based BPM – what does that mean?
- How does goal-based BPM differ from what we might consider "traditional BPM"?
- What is the value of using a goal-based BPM approach?