Process excellence and the final frontier: service environments
Transferring operational excellence and lean methodologies into service units and businesses presents both technical and personnel challenges. When successful, however, the results can be significant: increased efficiency, better performance and an improved bottom line. So what are the challenges and how can you overcome them?
In this Process Perspectives podcast, Gerry Meegan, Operational Excellence Manager GBS Europe & Eurasia at the Coca-Cola Company, discusses his experience applying Lean to his company's shared services operations, describes the key challenges and offers his advice to other practitioners on what it takes to successfully implement Lean in a service environment.
Questions addressed in this podcast:
- You’re in the process of applying lean within your Shared Services operations at The Coca-Cola Company - what are you up to?
- What were the drivers for wanting to use Lean in Shared Services?
- How did you get started?
- What have been the key challenges you’ve faced along the way?
- What have you found worked to overcome those challenges?
- What would be your one key piece of advice to other people out there who are looking to get started with using something like Lean in a service environment?