The Story Behind the Surge in Lean Implementation in US Businesses
Amongst U.S. businesses — and even beyond — Lean has arguably become the process improvement approach du jour.
So why the sudden reawakening for the Lean philosophy?
In this Profit through Process podcast, Genna Weiss of Six Sigma & Process Excellence IQ speaks with Jason Schulist, director of the Program Office for Major Enterprise Projects at DTE Energy and vice chair of the Michigan Lean Consortium, who uncovers the reasons behind the steady rise in Lean’s popularity.
Schulist also discusses:
• The fundamental success factors behind a Lean deployment
• How to build sustainable Lean competencies across an organization
• How Process Excellence leaders should adapt their strategy and approach to ensure optimal results in applying Lean to services
• Common misconceptions of Lean
• The Michigan Lean Consortium and how this organization is taking steps to assist Michigan-based companies