From idea generation to process improvement
How does a large, globally-distributed organization harness ideas and insights from within and without? Well, in the case of the Ministry of Defence (MOD), this question was answered with pinpoint precision.
Faced with continual cost pressure, the MOD actively launched a process analysis exercise to look at cost management within the organization. The aim of the project was to gather insights both from within the Ministry of Defense and from specific industries outside the organization, including health, education and finance. The project was successful – over 180,000 ideas were submitted overall. The next challenge was how to process more information than a small team of people could handle manually.
Join Stuart Laws from the MOD and Dennis Parker from K2 as they highlight the key milestones in the journey, from conception to completion, including:
- Launching the operation – identifying key stakeholders and getting the project off the ground
- Receiving external feedback – the reasons for requesting insight from outside organizations
- Evaluating cloud options – why cloud-based solutions were considered
- Managing the project – the steps taken to ensure the project was launched with speed and agility, while remaining cost effective
- Viewing the solution – a demonstration of the solution in action
Neil Ward-Dutton, analyst at MWD advisors, will also provide his perspective on the challenges that the MoD overcame in this project and the significance of the outcomes it achieved.