Waste Not, Want Not: Achieving Environmental Savings through Lean Implementation
To view this webinar, please fill out the form to register and become a Process Excellence Network member.
Or, if you're already a Process Excellence Network member, sign in below to view.
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Environmental wastes can cost companies hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. Recent instability in the Middle East and record fuel prices, along with continued pressures on global supplies of natural resources, has made the business case stronger for reducing waste of natural resources and energy.
Indeed, according to a recent McKinsey Global Survey of Corporate Executives, 34% of CEOs believe that resource constraints will affect profits in the next five years. This coupled with increasing consumer awareness about the environment and stricter government pollution control regulations make it more important than ever for companies to make efficient use of natural resources and energy.
Sustainability measures needn't cost the earth. When companies use Lean to address environmental concerns such carbon emissions, energy use, or process waste - they can achieve huge environmental and cost savings.
In this Webinar you will :
- Hear practical case studies on companies that have taken the plunge to utilize Lean methodologies to reduce environmental waste and achieve bottom line savings at the same time
- Understand the business case for sustainability measures
- Learn to identify and eliminate environmental waste and make environmental Lean thinking part of the journey - not a side trip
- Explore the use of Lean techniques including Value Stream Mapping for Natural Resource Flows, Kaizen events, and the Sixth 'S' in the 5-S's
- Define the types of environmental metrics that can be used to measure the success of a Lean Green project