CONGRATULATIONS to the PEX Network Awards finalists!
We are delighted to announce the finalists of the PEX Network Awards 2014. The scope and quality of the awards entries this year was outstanding. Without further ado the trailblazers in Process Excellence and shortlisted entries are:
PEX Awards 2014 FinalistsProject Awards:
BEST PROCESS IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (OVER 90 DAYS)
This award is designed to recognize improvements using Lean, Operational Excellence, BPM, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement or any other recognized Process Excellence tool. Top entrants will be judged on the ability to prove their strategic and functional results, as well as clarity in execution, communication and sustainability throughout the process.
- BOC Gases Ltd, Project OCTA - Optimisation of Cylinder Testing in Australia
- Braskem, Improvement on CO Fractionator Tower Performance
- Bristol Myers Squibb, Production Throughput and Changeover Optimization
- Catalent Pharma Solutions, Deviation Reduction Programme
- Genpact, Brokerage Account Opening Document Reject Rate Reduction
- SingTel, Project Honeybee
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, Reducing Inpatient Chemotherapy Direct Admission Lead Time
BEST PROCESS IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (UNDER 90 DAYS)
This award is designed to recognize the business impact, team management and scope of projects with short cycle times and quick wins for the business. Projects in this category are expected to be no more than 90 days in length. If your project exceeds this then please submit to one of the other project categories. Points will be awarded for business impact, project execution, and innovation.
- Cap Gemini, S2P Optimization
- Capital One, Enhancing Services for Customers with Disabilities
- Catalent Pharma Solutions, Safety Analysis
- Pitney Bowes, Inc., Back Office Customer Process Improvement
- The Hunoval Law Firm, PLLC, Improving Legal Pleading Defects
BEST BPM PROJECT
This award is designed to recognize the success in individual BPM projects in creating and supporting an end-to-end enterprise architecture. Applicants will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate successful BPM results across the people, process and IT. Projects will be judged on initial implementation success and also future sustainability and governance.
- Genpact, Piping Fabrication Optimization
- SingTel, Project Super Mario
- The Ottawa Hospital, Streamlining Inpatient Flow and Discharge Planning using BPM & Mobility: The Ottawa Hospital Experience
- United States Postal Service, Full Time Union Official Fringe Benefit Processing
BEST "NEXT GENERATION" PROCESS EXCELLENCE PROJEC
This award is designed to recognize projects having an impact in new, cutting edge areas for process excellence. In addition to being judged for business impact and execution, the judges will also be looking for value created outside of pure financial results. The scope of your project could be in an industry or department that is new to process excellence, a technique or technology that is new to process excellence, or performance criteria that are outside the usual process excellence remit.
- AES Gener, Portfolio Optimization: Fuel Flexibility
- BOC Gases Ltd, East Coast LNG Network
- Cap Gemini, Creating Change Friendly Environment: Lean Model Office
- SingTel, Brewing Amazing Experiences
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, Texas Health Dallas Flower Power Project
- United States Postal Service, Time and Attendance Collection System (TACS) Shared Services Help Desk
BEST BUSINESS PROCESS EXCELLENCE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (OVER 2 YEARS
This award is to recognize the vision, business impact and sustainability of mature Business Process Excellence Programs − covering Lean, Operational Excellence, BPM, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement or any other recognized Process Excellence tool. Entries will be judged on their strategy, capacity for delivery, communication and also the extent to which they have created an environment for change and development for staff.
- Genpact, Xcelerate 3.0
- Intel, The Continuous Improvement Journey in the Human Resources Enterprise Services
- Lincoln Financial Group, Ideas@Work
- Phytel, Going from Good to Great
- SingTel, Accelerating Transformation
- The Nature Conservancy, Business Process Management Program The Nature Conservancy
BEST START UP BUSINESS PROCESS EXCELLENCE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (UNDER 2 YEAR
This award will celebrate the achievements of new Business Process Excellence programs of up to 2 years in deployment − covering Lean, Operational Excellence, BPM, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement or any other recognized Process Excellence tool. Entrants will be judged on their abilities in direction setting, delivering business benefits and initial culture change. Start-up programs that do not have previous experience drawn from related business divisions will be marked higher.
- DPL Inc., APEX DPL Continuous Improvement
- Magma Fincorp (Genpact), Magma Process Re-engineering
- NorQuest College, Landmark Group Centre for Value Improvement
- TXU Energy, Customer Quality (CQ) Program
- United States Postal Service, VP Controller Organization Lean Six Sigma Deployment
- Verizon, VLSS (Verizon Lean Six Sigma) for Process Excellence & Innovation
DEPLOYMENT LEADER OF THE YEAR
This award is intended to recognize the strategic input of program or deployment leader professionals leading the company-wide improvement strategy for any recognized Process Excellence approaches. Finalists will be expected to demonstrate vision, strategic leadership and influence at a company-wide level.
- BOC Gases Ltd, Dr.Morgan Jones
- Bridgewater Associates, Matthew Morgan
- Catalent Pharma Solutions, Sridhar Krishnan
- Conoco Phillips, Greg Bussing
- DTE Energy, Robert Hemrick
- Phytel, Jerry Green
We're looking forward to welcoming and celebrating with you on Tuesday January 21 2014.
Judged by over 15 industry thought leaders. We pride ourselves on objectivity, each judge is hand picked on their credentials as experts in Lead, Six Sigma and BPM to provide neutral feedback. Judges will mark your application based on a pre-defined criteria for each award category ensuring that the judging approach is fully standardized and comparable between entries.
What a past winner said
"While I know we run a good Process Improvement initiative, the confirmation from external judges that let me know our work stands up well with competitors like Wal-Mart, Dominion Energy, Bayer Corporation and the U.S Army"
Rod Hill, MBB, JEA - Winner 2011 Best Green Improvement Project
See what happened at the awards last year:
The awards ceremony will be held during PEX Week USA on 21 January 2014 so mark your calendar now. You'll get to meet the judges, network with your peers (including the attendees to PEX Week USA) and celebrate in style.
Get one step closer towards greatness by attending The PEX Network Awards. We hope to recognise and celebrate process excellence success with you in January!