Thursday: Main Conference Day Two & Masterclasses
7:30 am - 8:00 am Registration and Coffee
8:00 am - 8:10 am OPEX WEEK Day Three: Chair's Opening
8:10 am - 8:35 am KEYNOTE: From lean six sigma to data analytics – The future of problem solving?
Business excellence is a journey of continuous improvement. This particularly rings true to those who have been the earliest to embark on lean six sigma. David was part of 3M’s leadership team when they were launching lean six sigma 18 years ago today the company is at a new level of transformation. He will shed lights on where they are today and how the are working towards the future of problem solving.
· Leveraging lean six sigma as the foundation for continuous improvement and leadership development
· Taking the first steps towards the future of problem solving by integrating data analytics
· Partnering with IT and transformation team to develop an ecosystem for business transformation
· Leveraging data to predict and access to deeper insights to accelerate decision making
8:35 am - 9:00 am PLENARY: The Radical Paradigm Change for your Business Excellence Platform
9:00 am - 9:25 am Keynote: Genworth’s award winning customer centric transformation: Redefine and digitize your business model E2E
Financial services is undergoing tremendous changes and experiencing disruptive business models. Meeting new customer demands is paramount: policy application, review and claims time have been drastically reduced. Guided by its transformation roadmap, Genworth took top prize as SQM Group’s Contact Centre of the Year for North America. Martijn will share this journey and lessons learned with us in the keynote session:
· The customer is in control, what does that mean to your business?
· How to transform your organization around customer needs while becoming more cost effective
· How to underpin your business model smartly with technology
· What does it mean for you as a leader
Martijn GribnauChief Operating Officer
9:25 am - 9:50 am PLENARY: Leading the digital change with a customer edge: Robotics, Analytics and AI driving the future of customer service
9:50 am - 10:15 am OPEX GLOBAL AWARD WINNERS PANEL SHOWCASE
The 2020 awards winners from last night will join us on stage to share their journey which has led them to take home the award in their categories. This is your opportunity to ask them what they have done differently and really gain insights into what it takes for successful business transformation.
10:15 am - 10:45 am Morning Break
Track F: Turnaround, Growth & Holistic Transformation10:45 am - 11:15 am Case study: Best practices in managing organizational process design through turnaround and M&A
Organization change often mean huge turnaround and growth opportunities. Yet the task of reorganizing and integrating different operating models to realize the expected value can be complex and daunting. Ajay will share some of the key learnings from his current role at Pfizer:
· Combining organization process design when new companies join the group
· Ironing out process transformation during and post M&A
· Develop a culture of continuous improvement through turnaround
· Business turnaround and value realization through pipeline acceleration strategies
Ajay DedhiaDirector, Business Excellence
Track G: Process Transformation10:45 am - 11:15 am Case study: Achieving the next step of transformation through Lean Management System at Discover
This session will discuss the next step of transformation which is to go beyond projects and establish a management system within different functions across the enterprise.
- Establish a Lean Management System to govern how to manage people and do problem solving
- Change the lenses on how we view work flows: Develop and enable customer centric value stream thinking by breaking down organisational silos
- Building servant leadership to facilitate teams and enable value stream thinking and to cultivate a culture of continuous improvement
- You get what you measure: Develop shared goals and responsibilities
Aboubacar CissokhoDiscover Management System Coach
Discover Financial Services
Track H: Digital Transformation10:45 am - 11:15 am Case study: Re-imagine business models and processes and save multi million dollars per year by strategically leveraging digital workforce technologies
This case study will share how Chase has successfully deployed and matured their digital workforce agenda with stellar results.
· Maturing digital workforce deployment through Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive solutions
· Embedding digital workforce with traditional process re-engineering approach
· Re-imagine a mixed workforce of human and digital employees
· Develop capabilities through a COE approach and lessons learnt/best practices
Hemant PurkarExecutive Director, Digital Workforce COE
JP Morgan Chase
Track I: Culture Transformation10:45 am - 11:15 am Case study: Culture by design: Creating a powerful and sustainable continuous improvement culture
· What are key process and leadership principles for creating a CI culture
· Guiding your culture change with a designed process
· How are leaders’ behaviours driving culture
· How to align and engage your workforce all the way to front line workers
Eric PopeVice President Operations
Track J: Innovation & Business Agility10:45 am - 11:15 am Case study: A path to innovation through a “Shark Tank” program
As OE program matures at Edward Jones, the leaders realize that there is a void between long tails multi-million strategic level projects and local area improvement enhancement projects. They have then developed their very own “Shark Tank” program to select and funnel projects in between that has the potential of deliver business value. Joe will share the key learnings though their unique approach and journey:
· How does the “Shark Tank” program become Edward Jones’ path to innovation
· Sparkle excitement and develop a culture of innovation in a fun and gamified way
· Keep the bottom line impact in check: What has been the ROI?
Joe JordanDirector of Operational Excellence
11:15 am - 11:20 am 5 minute changeover
Track F: Turnaround, Growth & Holistic Transformation11:20 am - 11:50 am Case study: Integrating CI, Data Science, Innovation and Strategy to achieve business and customer excellence
This case study will share the Southwest Airlines’ holistic transformation program by combining CI, Data Science, Innovation and Strategy.
· The current state of CI deployment
· Linking process excellence with customer journey
· Sharing insights into the progress of integrating CI, Data Science, Innovation and Strategy
Angela MaranoManaging Director, Business Transformation
Ruben Del ToroDirector Enterprise Continuous Improvement
Track G: Process Transformation11:20 am - 11:50 am Case study: Combining LSS and PMO approach to bring process excellence to the next level
Elizabeth DareHead of Oncology TR Strategy & Operations
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
Track H: Digital Transformation11:20 am - 11:50 am Case study: Building a digitized platform to become a true business partner
Track I: Culture Transformation11:20 am - 11:50 am Case study: Building a culture of continuous improvement at Hertz
· Four key pillars to building a continuous improvement culture: Projects, training, personal development & strategy deployment
· Why is a sound data system critical to building a continuous improvement culture
· It’s easier said than done: sharing real-life examples
· Developing leadership behaviors across the entire enterprise
· What have been the key lessons learned
Ian GoudyVice President of Global Continuous Improvement
Track J: Innovation & Business Agility11:20 am - 11:50 am Case study: Western Union’s key pillars to developing an Innovation lab that generates exponential business value
Innovation labs become a natural step for many business due to the fast pace of changes and transformation, yet it proves challenging to measure how successful it is to your business. Ricardo will share the Western Union experience in this session:
· Define and develop an innovation culture
· Create a bank of ideas and develop the innovation lab
· Coaching the team to have innovation as a mind-set
· Develop a recognition system for the lab
11:50 am - 11:55 am 5 minutes changeover
Track F: Turnaround, Growth & Holistic Transformation11:55 am - 12:25 pm Case study: Orchestrate and model holistic transformation of strategy, process and talent
In the past 2 years, S&P’s global operations team transformed from transactional support to a value-add business partner and engine modeling transformation across the company. Ekaterina will share the key approaches in:
- A top-down transformation approach to bring global operations from “good” to “great”
- Developing skills for the futurea
- Using Lean Academy and RPA Academy to automate processes and drive business value
- Transforming from support to partnership with 70% millennials
Ekaterina CurryGlobal Head of Ratings Operations
S&P Global Ratings
Track G: Process Transformation11:55 am - 12:25 pm Drive significant business results by solving the misconceptions in process improvement
Matt currently leads the efforts in driving process improvement across the enterprise with H&R Block, projects that are generating multi-million business value. Along his career, he has witnessed many misconceptions from practitioners and he will address some of these with real life examples:
- Are improvements always necessary
- Do Ice Cream Sales Cause Shark Attacks? Assessing Correlation vs. Causation
- Avoiding Statistical Assumptions
Matt HansenLean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Track H: Digital Transformation11:55 am - 12:25 pm Case study: Leverage AI/Machine Learning with traditional improvement methodologies to drive process transformation
· Agile business transformation focusing on problem solving
· Capacity Management through Predictive Demand
· How do we implement Robotics, Analytics and Artificial Intelligent to drive process transformation
Daniel LeeHead of Process Engineering
Track I: Culture Transformation11:55 am - 12:25 pm Case study: Change cannot be managed but can be led!
Track J: Innovation & Business Agility11:55 am - 12:25 pm Case study: Leading large scale global transformation and change
12:25 pm - 12:30 pm Track sessions (F-J) conclude. Move back into the Plenary Room
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm Conclusive keynote: Innovation, leadership & skills for future
1:00 pm - 1:00 pm End of OPEX Week: Business Transformation Summit 2020
Functional transformation masterclasses feature specific case studies from key functions where most functional transformation programmes take place: Supply Chain, Shared Services, Product Development & Behaviorial transformation. It aims to provide benchmarking and specific take-always for colleagues who are on similar journeys within that function.
Spotlight Masterclasses – End-to-end Functional Transformation
Post-Conference Afternoon Spotlight Masterclass 1: Supply Chain Transformation2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Supply Chain Transformation
End to End supply chain transformation through process excellence, BPM, RPA and Process Mining
Post-Conference Afternoon Spotlight Masterclass 2: Shared Services Transformation2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Shared Services Transformation
Developing intelligent business services operations
Post-Conference Afternoon Spotlight Masterclass 3: OPEX & Agile in New Product Development2:00 pm - 5:00 pm OPEX & Agile in New Product Development
Reduce time-to-market and foster innovation
Post-Conference Afternoon Spotlight Masterclass 4: Master your Influence2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Master your Influence
You’ve identified the perfect solution to a recurring organizational problem. It may radically improve quality, reduce costs, or increase revenue and you’ve even crunched the numbers to quantify the benefits. Your challenge is getting the key stakeholders on-board and staff engaged in accepting the solution. Although it seems like a no-brainer, you’re faced with resistance. Even if the solution is implemented, you realize it will be a slow and frustrating process.
Does this scenario sound familiar? If you’d like to learn influence techniques to overcome resistance, this one hour interactive leadership workshop is right for you.
Influence is the ability to affect the thoughts and behaviors of others. It’s how you work with and through others to achieve a goal. Exceptional leadership requires the ability to have self-awareness, build trust and connection, and inspire others to take action.
By mastering your influence you can raise your level of impact, strengthen your relationships, and become more effective.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
· Identify the connection between emotions and influence
· Define the 6 human needs that drive all behavior
· Discover your own top 2 needs
· Begin assembling an approach to communicate more effectively
Testimonial from past participant
“I cannot say enough about this workshop. It will transform how you approach your goals and lead others. I learned a lot about myself and others around what motivates people intrinsically. I walked away with new ideas and excited to try them out. If you want to learn how best to connect with people and become a person of influence, attend this workshop.”
--Allyson Mayo, Doctor of Behavioral Health
Sonia SinghExecutive Director Transformation
John Muir Health
Post-Conference Afternoon Spotlight Masterclass 5: Business Process Management - transforming business DNA to drive business turnaround and growth2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Business Process Management - transforming business DNA to drive business turnaround and growth
Setting up and carrying out an enterprise business transformation program to achieve significant growth and turnaround results is far from an easy task. It is even more difficult to sustain the results afterword and to embed the Continuous Improvement capability within the new created framework. Cristian has done it many times delivering millions in business value. He is a firm believer that Business Process Management is the key methodology that can be deployed to achieve transformation goals and he will share the how in this workshop session, while he will explain the three distinct & chronologically phases of Business Process Management:
· The management of Business Process (re)Engineering/(re)Design
o Taking an enterprise architectural overview to holistically design your transformation strategy and ensure it’s linked with business goals and stakeholder needs
o Why wave after wave of “flavors of the day”-type programs failed?
o The digitalization trap – like it or not, digitalization is part of Business Process (re)Engineering/(re)Design or Improvement, not the other way around…
o Redesign business processes, organizational structure & business setup, align vertically and horizontally all KPI’s - all with the business architecture in mind starting from the top of the organization
o Developing robust risk management system to ensure business continuity
o Develop Human Capital with crystal clear competency matrix & metrics that are process roles based to change the company DNA
o Implement flexible management system – aligned procedures, work instructions, job descriptions - to integrate all organizational developments to drive continuous improvement and deliver sustainable results
· The management of Business Process Execution and Business Process Quality (during execution)
o How should we manage the day-to-day execution of our Business Processes?
o How to move from “opinion based” management to “data driven” management?
o How can we really deploy successful and sustainable Quality-type Programs while executing our Business Processes?
§ How to make Non-Conformity Management, Root Cause Analysis etc. work?
· The management of Business Process Continuous Improvement
o How can we really deploy successful and sustainable Continuous Improvement Programs?
§ How to make Lean, Six Sigma, Agile etc. work?
o How to integrate & align the Quality, Continuous Improvement and digitalization-type programs in the Company?
Cristian MateiHead of Business Transformation