Day 1 - Monday 23 September 2019
14:00 - 14:40 PM BST | 09:00 - 09:40 AM ET - The Building Blocks For Continuous Improvement with LEGO
In 2004 the Danish-born company was drowning in $800m of debt and was being hit by a 30% loss in sales year-on-year. In that same year, LEGO underwent a transformation that radically rebuilt the core business, brick by brick. By 2005, the company had turned its first profit in two years, it quadrupled its return between 2008 and 2010 and in 2015 it announced profits of $660m. In this session, Peter will share essential insights to 28-years of experience in the change sphere.
- Lean Six Sigma in a nutshell
- A strategy for continuous improvement
- How to create an environment for change
Speaker: Peter Evans, Director of Service & Performance Management, LEGO
14:45 - 15:30 BPM BST | 09:45 - 10:30 AM ET - Taking the Robot out of the Human by Strategically Implementing BPM and RPA Together
Combining RPA and BPM provides for a complementary solution that pushes the boundaries for intelligent automation. By automating manual and time consuming human activities, organisations can further streamline business process and increase quality, customer experience and ROI.
- How BPM and RPA are fundamentally solving different problems
- How RPA removes the biggest blockers of a BPM implementation with agility and speed
- How customers are leveraging connected-RPA alongside BPM today
Speakers: Peter Walker, CTO EMEA, Blue Prism
Jason Cullabine, Senior Solutions Consultant, Blue Prism
15:45 - 16:30 BPM BST | 10:45 - 11:30 AM ET - The Changing Face of Business Transformation in a Digital World
After years of pursuing operational excellence, many organisations have now refocused on Customer Experience as their strategy for improvement. In this presentation you will learn why this may be a mistake and how Customer Excellence will become your new North Star. Sharing concepts, frameworks and ideas from the new book, Mark will seek to explain why Customer Excellence is the new business imperative. Only by combining outside-in thinking with inside-out thinking can we build a sustainable business that consistently delights customers, every time the engage with us and generates the required returns for stakeholders.
- What customer excellence is and why you need it
- The customer excellence framework and how to apply it
- How to capture customer journeys in hours not weeks
- the importance of communication and the wisdom of the crowd
Speaker: Mark McGregor, Head of Strategy, Signavio
16:45 - 17:30 BPM BST | 11:45 - 12:30 PM ET - Speed Up The Power of Intelligent Automation with Low-Code
In the era of Digital Change, you have a choice: be disrupted…or be the disruptor. With increasing demands, dwindling resources, and evaporating time, businesses need to build and deploy business apps faster than you thought possible. In this session, discover how to have confidence your apps to run your most critical business processes without having to choose between speed and power.
Hear from Adeel Javed, sharing OCC’s (the world’s largest equity derivatives clearing organization) journey to deploying 9 critical risk management applications in 18 months, rolling out the first application in just 6 weeks.
Attendees will learn:
- How a low-code development platform meets the needs to build even the most complex, mission critical applications
- How to combine BPM, AI, RPA, data, and integrations into intelligent automation that sets you apart from the pack
- How other organizations have already leveraged low-code to deliver meaningful results
Speaker: Adeel Javed, Manager of Process Automation, OCC
Malcolm Ross, Vice President, Product Strategy / Deputy CTO, Appian
Day 2 - Tuesday, 24 September 2019
14:00 - 14:40 PM BST | 09:00 - 09:40 AM ET - McCormick’s Recipe for Global BPM Roll-out
For a global giant like McCormick, achieving process discipline in a global environment is very important. The solution has to be very lean, user friendly, and easily accessible by process users. Learn how McCormick is rolling out Business Process Management, empowering teams by providing them with knowledge transparency and easy to use tools.
- How processes connect with each other
- How to successfully roll out Global and truly cross-functional Business Process Management
- How to empower teams for robust knowledge management
Speaker: Marta Maruszewska, Business Process Management Manager, McCormick & Company
Zoe Clelland, Senior Director Product Strategy, Nintex
14:45 - 15:30 PM BST | 09:45 - 10:30 AM ET - How Grant Thornton Is Unlocking A 60% Efficiency Gain Across Processes
Join FlowForma’s Shay O’Connor and his customer William McCann of Grant Thornton, for real world insights into how this organisation use the FlowForma Process Automation tool, to unlock 60% process efficiency gains across its processes, drive mobility and improve governance.
Attendees of this live interview, will hear how this business overcame paper-based bottlenecks and paper trails with a no code process automation tool. Join us to hear examples of the business processes automated by Grant Thornton, from job appraisal to client acceptance and data access requests. Attendees will also learn how Grant Thornton has developed a culture of automation and the benefits it is realizing from going digital.
- Discover how Grant Thornton is automating processes with a no code tool across their IT, Finance, HR & Risk teams
- Realise how Grant Thornton unlocked a 60% process efficiency increase across processes
- Uncover how quick tangible results from process automation, can foster a culture for process automation
Speaker: Will McCann, IT Manager, Grant Thornton
Shay O’Connor, SVP, FlowForma
15:45 - 16:30 PM BST | 10:45 - 11:30 AM ET - Embracing Intelligent Automation: Why BPM needs more intelligence?
While companies continue to improve their business processes, traditional BPM is not enough to meet today's business needs. The combination of emerging technologies, siloed data, and outdated processes presents the perfect fiasco for a digital transformation to fail thus, deciding on the right automation strategy becomes difficult. In this session, Graham Penman and Martin Barnes will guide you through the opportunities presented by the latest technologies trends to enhance, compliment and elevate your digital strategy.
- Insights on intelligent technologies in BPM and how to leverage them
- Insights on how to introduce Intelligent Automation into your BPM strategy
- Practical examples and strategies to successfully implement Intelligent Automation projects
Speakers: Graham Penman, Senior Technical Specialist, K2
Martin Barnes, Senior Business Analyst, Workflow and Process Automation Specialist, K2
Day 3 - Wednesday, 25 September 2019
14:00 - 14:40 PM BST | 09:00 - 09:40 AM ET - Enterprise Management: Fixing your strategy execution
Your company is changing under constant competitive and regulatory pressure, and without a thorough understanding of the current and future way of working, you are effectively not in control. To get ahead of the competition, continuous alignment needs to take place across all functions, stakeholders and throughout all layers of management - this approach is called an enterprise management system.
- How improvement, compliance and process management practices are combined on enterprise level
- How leading companies across the globe implemented their Enterprise Management System
- Why should you explore how Enterprise Management can support your organization
Speakers: Caspar Jans, Director Business Transformation EMEA, Software AG
Eric Roovers, Senior Director Business Transformation EMEA, Software AG
14:45 - 15:30 PM BST | 09:00 - 10:30 AM ET - Are BPM and RPA two sides of the same coin?
Although BPM initiatives have seen widespread adoption, a growing number of organizations are investigating whether they can go even further using AI and ML techniques. What is the right automation formula: RPA vs. BPM or RPA + BPM? What are the key benefits and potential challenges of combining large scale BPM projects with quick and flexible PRA implementations? Attend our session to learn about the experience of leading companies.
- How RPA reinforces BPM implementations
- What to expect - best practices and pitfalls to avoid
- How AI takes automation to the next level
Speaker: Tarun Mehta - Global Industry Leader, BPO, Automation Anywhere
15:45 - 16:30 PM BST | 10:45 - 11:30 AM ET - Process Mining: a Step Ahead in Managing the BPM Life Cycle
During a long journey companies take while digitally transforming their business environment, the most effective solutions simply get more sunshine than others. Process Mining, being a more advanced branch of BPM, brings companies a transparent approach on how to analyze and optimize business processes end-to-end.
In this session, Sander Rurup, Data Analytics Manager from BDO Netherlands will share insights into how they use Minit Process Mining to achieve operational excellence of their customers.
- What does Process Mining have that traditional BPM lacks?
- What are the most critical factors as well as best practice to get process improvement and BPM right?
- Which specific features are in demand by companies willing to improve their internal processes?
- What improvements do BDO’s customers see after implementing a process mining solution?
Speaker: Richard Lipovsky, CMO, Minit
Sander Rurup, Data Analytics Manager, BDO Netherlands
Day 4 - Thursday, 26 September 2019
14:45 - 15:30 PM BST | 09:45 - 10:30 AM ET - Why Process Discovery is critical for a successful enterprise RPA implementation?
Automation, or RPA, is driving significant opportunities for digitization across processes and the enterprise. A common stumbling block, however, is identifying the ideal process candidate. Another problem is that enterprises find it difficult to take the next step to deploy automation enterprise-wide and scale.
Process Discovery makes identification easier by visually depicting manual effort or inefficiency hot spots in a given workflow, and highlighting opportunities to drive improvements. Join this webinar, to hear Omer Hafeez and Deepinder Dhuria talk about how Process Discovery plays a key role in amplifying and accelerating enterprise automation and achieving operational excellence.
Omer Hafeez, QA Limited
Deepinder Dhuria, Product Manager, EdgeVerve
15:45 - 16:30 PM BST | 10:45 - 11:30 AM ET - Panel Discussion: PEX Global State of the industry
While there is a lot of buzz around newer technologies such as RPA and the developing field of AI, traditional BPM is still a major component of continuous improvement efforts. In this session, PEX Network Editor Ian Hawkins argues that a successful BPM roll out is an essential part of any business improvement effort, and underpins any further automation efforts.
In a dynamic presentation, Ian will draw on unpublished research from PEX Network, and explore the past, present and future of BPM with special guests from the world of PEX.
- Why BPM is a fundamental part of business improvement
- How BPM is changing businesses across industries, around the world
- PEX survey results from across the year
Speaker: Ian Hawkins, Chief Editor, PEX Network
Brent Harder, Head of Enterprise Automation, BNY Mellon