Day 1 - Monday 23 September 2019
14:00 - 14:40 PM BST | 09:00 - 09:40 AM ET - The Building Blocks For Continuous Improvement with LEGO
In 2004 the Danish-born company was drowning in $800m of debt and was being hit by a 30% loss in sales year-on-year. In that same year, LEGO underwent a transformation that radically rebuilt the core business, brick by brick. By 2005, the company had turned its first profit in two years, it quadrupled its return between 2008 and 2010 and in 2015 it announced profits of $660m. In this session, Peter will share essential insights to 28-years of experience in the change sphere.
- Lean Six Sigma in a nutshell
- A strategy for continuous improvement
- How to create an environment for change
Speaker: Peter Evans, Continuous Improvement Director, LEGO
14:45 - 15:15 BPM BST | 09:45 - 10:15 AM ET - Understanding the Potential of “Real RPA”
Identifying which processes that can be automated has often been highlighted by our customers as one of their leading challenges in scaling RPA across the enterprise. This process can be time-intensive and inaccurate yet keeping automation pipelines full is imperative to achieving maximum ROI and efficiencies for RPA investments.
Session reserved for BluePrism
15:45 - 16:15 BPM BST | 10:45 - 11:15 AM ET - The Changing Face of Business Transformation in a Digital World
After years of pursuing operational excellence, many organisations have now refocused on Customer experience as their strategy for improvement. In this presentation you will learn why this may be a mistake and how Customer Excellence will become your new North Star. Sharing concepts, frameworks and ideas from the new book, Mark will seek to explain why Customer Excellence is the new business imperative. Only by combining outside-in thinking with inside-out thinking can we build a sustainable business that consistently delights customers, every time the engage with us and generates the required returns for stakeholders.
- What customer excellence is and why you need it
- The customer excellence framework and how to apply it
- How to capture customer journeys in hours not weeks
- the importance of communication and the wisdom of the crowd
Speaker: Mark McGregor, Head of Strategy, Signavio
16:45 - 17:15 BPM BST | 11:45 - 12:15 PM ET - Build 9 mission critical applications with low-code in 6 weeks
Developers are a limited resource and in short supply, as a result, this traditional 'high-code' route would often lead to untenable project lead times. In the current environment where the landscape of apps is growing, low-code application platforms are claiming to be a valuable solution to enable rapid application delivery.
In this session, discover OCC's journey to deploying 9 critical risk management applications in 18 months and rolling out the first application in just 6 weeks
- How to build an app with no coding
- Lower costs in building more apps in less time
- Essential capabilities that differentiate enterprise low-code platforms
Speaker: Adeel Javed, Manager of Process Autoamtion at OCC
Day 2 - Tuesday, 24 September 2019
14:00 - 14:40 PM BST | 09:00 - 09:40 AM ET - McCormick’s recipe for global BPM rollout
For a global giant like McCormick, achieving process discipline in a global environment is very important. The solution has to be very lean, user friendly, and easily accessible by process users. Learn how McCormick is rolling out Business Process Management, empowering teams by providing them with knowledge transparency and easy to use tools.
- How processes connect with each other
- How to successfully roll out Global and truly cross-functional Business Process Management
- How to empower teams for robust knowledge management
Speaker: Marta Maruszewska, Business Process Management Manager, McCormick & Company
14:45 - 15:15 PM BST | 09:00 - 10:15 AM ET - Dresser Natural Gas drives better efficiency with process automation
Join FlowForma’s process transformation expert Shay O’Connor and their customer Imelda Bettinger, Dresser Natural Gas Solutions for real world insights into how this organization improved efficiencies, visibility and customer experiences with no code process automation.
- Discover how Dresser are automating core business processes with speed, across their IT, Finance and HR functions
- Understand how a no code process automation tool can empower your business users to automate with ease
Speakers: Shay O'Conner, Head of Solutions, Flowforma & Imelda Bettinger, SharePoint Developer, Dresser Natural Gas
15:45 - 16:15 PM BST | 10:45 - 11:15 AM ET - Embracing Intelligent Automation: Why BPM needs more intelligence?
While companies continue to improve their business processes, traditional BPM is not enough to meet today's business needs. The combination of emerging technologies, siloed data, and outdated processes presents the perfect fiasco for a digital transformation to fail thus, deciding on the right automation strategy becomes difficult. In this session, Graham Penman and Martin Barnes will guide you through the opportunities presented by the latest technologies trends to enhance, compliment and elevate your digital strategy.
- Insights on intelligent technologies in BPM and how to leverage them
- Insights on how to introduce Intelligent Automation into your BPM strategy
- Practical examples and strategies to successfully implement Intelligent Automation projects
Speakers: Graham Penman, Senior Technical Specialist, K2 & Martin Barnes, Senior Business Analyst, Workflow and Process Automation Specialist, K2
Day 3 - Wednesday, 25 September 2019
14:00 - 14:40 PM BST | 09:00 - 09:40 AM ET - Enterprise Management: Fixing your strategy execution
Your company is changing under constant competitive and regulatory pressure, and without a thorough understanding of the current and future way of working, you are effectively not in control. To get ahead of the competition, continuous alignment needs to take place across all functions, stakeholders and throughout all layers of management - this approach is called an enterprise management system.
- How improvement, compliance and process management practices are combined on enterprise level
- How leading companies across the globe implemented their Enterprise Management System
- Why should you explore how Enterprise Management can support your organization
Speakers: Caspar Jans, Director Business Transformation EMEA ,Software AG & Eric Roovers, Senior Director Business Transformation EMEA ,Software AG
14:45 - 15:15 PM BST | 09:00 - 10:15 AM ET - Are BPM and RPA two sides of the same coin?
Although BPM initiatives have seen widespread adoption, a growing number of organizations are investigating whether they can go even further using AI and ML techniques. What is the right automation formula: RPA vs. BPM or RPA + BPM? What are the key benefits and potential challenges of combining large scale BPM projects with quick and flexible PRA implementations? Attend our session to learn about the experience of leading companies.
- How RPA reinforces BPM implementations
- What to expect - best practices and pitfalls to avoid
- How AI takes automation to the next level
Speaker: Sem Sergunin, Product Marketing, IQ Bot, Automation Anywhere
Day 4 - Thursday, 26 September 2019
14:00 - 14:40 PM BST | 09:00 - 09:40 AM ET - 2 Critical Factors in Making BPM & RPA Work Side-by-Side
Businesses tend to dive into the implementations of large-scale process automation, whether it's RPA or BPM. No surprise, they frequently end up with less than desirable results. The reason? They lack the necessary insight into their processes. Process transparency and understanding are two critical success factors for every automation project to be successful and bring in the desired ROI.
- What are the most critical success factors to get automation right
- Why is it essential not to rush into the RPA project and how to avoid the most common mistakes
- What impact on the company’s ROI have a well-considered project once process mining technology is involved into the automation
Speaker: Michal Rosik - Chief Product Officer (CPO), Minit
14:45 - 15:15 PM BST | 09:00 - 10:15 AM ET - 4 Reasons to move your BPM Software to the Cloud
Issues to consider when moving BPM to the cloud include the types of processes, their complexity, the number of interfaces, and the state of the databases involved.
Session reserved for EdgeVerve
15:45 - 16:15 PM BST | 10:45 - 11:15 AM ET - Panel Discussion: PEX Global State of the industry
While there is a lot of buzz around newer technologies such as RPA and the developing field of AI, traditional BPM is still a major component of continuous improvement efforts. In this session, PEX Network Editor Ian Hawkins argues that a successful BPM rollout is an essential part of any business improvement effort, and underpins any further automation efforts.
In a dynamic presentation, Ian will draw on unpublished research from PEX Network, and explore the past, present and future of BPM with special guests from the world of PEX.
- Why BPM is a fundamental part of business improvement
- How BPM is changing businesses across industries, around the world
- PEX survey results from across the year
Speaker: Ian Hawkins, Chief Editor, PEX Network