Exclusive Technology Excellence Content
Over the course of three jam-packed days, TEX Week brings together a wide array of case study presentations, interactive workshops and discussion groups, and covers many aspects of business transformation such as moving internal systems into the Cloud, adopting intelligent automation, RPA, AI and machine-learning principles within a company setting, all with the aim of enabling your company to achieve true operational and technological excellence.
TEX Week interviewed Dave Castellani about his thoughts and challenges when it comes to technology savvy teams and best practice for mixing business with tech. Technology has changed the landscape of how we operate and do business, with “innovate or die” being the mantra of most. New, agile companies entering the market are adopting fresh technologies to push the boundaries of innovation, leaving those who fail to adapt in the dust.
Download the interview to discover Dave’s thoughts >>
> Dave’s advice for going through a digital transformation
> How business enterprise has impacted this new focus on technology
> How New York Life are building teams with both business knowledge and technical know-how
In today’s tech led industry, there are many terminologies and technologies that all have separate uses and intertwine with operational excellence in different ways. In part one of our exclusive Technology Excellence Glossary you will discover the techs and techniques that make up the TEX space.
- What is TEX?: Discover why TEX is so relevant in today's markets
- From Adaptive Case Management to CRM Systems this glossary shows you what is included in the world Technology Excellence
With 27 years’ experience in the insurance game, Virgil Miller has been transforming processes and spearheading technology excellence with a customer focus since the early 90s.
Now Executive Vice President, Chief Operations Officer of Aflac U.S.; and President of Aflac Group, he shares his insights into successful digital transformation.
Read on to learn about:
- How Virgil transformed Aflac’s approach to technology excellence though agility
- What the perspective of digital transformation is from the executive-level
- Why failures can be as vital as successes when embarking on a transformation journey
Ahead of TEX Week 2018, we conducted a survey of our industry database to get a snapshot of how businesses are responding to the developments in technology. Surveys like this enable us to understand how the future is unfolding, what themes are emerging across the industry, what the challenges are – and how businesses are meeting them.
Brad Ellis is the Director of Product Development at Mimeo, a leading online printing company, offering digital distribution and online printing solutions, in charge of the software systems on the production floor itself. Customer orders are planned and prioritized, printed and shipped, automation is critical to the company’s quick turnaround of customer orders and instrumental in enabling Mimeo to be the first to offer online printing and overnight delivery of complex documents and marketing materials.
In the approach to Technology Excellence Week 2018, PEX Network was joined by Seth Morrell, VP Enterprise Architecture at HUB International. He will be speaking at the event about the pressures of exploring the architecture for business agility, introducing cloud and preparing an organization’s culture for an agile business process. Get an exclusive insight into this topic now with our special interview.
We chat to Gordon Cooper, Customer Success Manager at Mega, about digital transformation and the importance of knowing your quarry when transforming your processes.
In this exclusive interview he highlights:
- How any digital transformation must always have the customer in mind, and how to ensure this vision is carried out.
- Why a ‘big picture’ attitude is key when transforming organisations with legacy processes
- A real-life anecdote about the failures of an ERP transformation, resulting in the loss of $9 million
It’s easy to get caught up in the hype of RPA, the promises of supreme efficiency and perfectly upskilled staff can be tempting. But what happens when you cut through the hype?
We spoke to three TEX leaders to find out how RPA really works in Strategy, Programs and Culture. Download the exclusive guide below to find out:
- Why holistic digitization is the way to go for digital transformation
- How to limit the expectations of the higher ups and identify the ceiling of the tech you’re implementing
- Why home and work life balance is key to integrating staff with automation
There has been a lot of noise in the Blockchain space for a number of years. Many companies have begun to implement the data technology but had been hindered by a number of obstacles and governance challenges. Despite this, more and more companies are making strategic steps into the Blockchain space, with many enterprise-wide solutions going live across the tech space.
In this interview, we spoke with Kumar Duraisamy, the current Lead Enterprise Architect at Boeing, to discover how Boeing are progressing with Blockchain technology and how they are successfully ensuring that their Blockchain function fits seamlessly with already established Internet of Things (IoT) frameworks.
Learn about Boeing’s entire journey with Blockchain, including motivations and difficulties. Kumar also shares how he and his team have helped to create an airtight strategy that is allowing them to progress with the advanced technology at a quick and efficient pace.
Discover the best ways to fully integrate Blockchain into your business with this exclusive interview.
We’ve put together ten (current) facts about digital transformation and technology based on the research we’ve been running, and with commentary from some of the biggest names in the world of OPEX to tell us what they think about the findings.
Technology excellence does not stop at simply finding a disruptive tech solution and implementing it. In order to be truly successful a lot of consideration needs to be placed on the culture and processes that already exist within the business. In an exclusive interview with Jose Pires, the President of Excellence & Innovation, we learnt about the importance of culture in technology.
- How technology and culture can work together in order to enable innovation
- What steps you should take to achieve this collaboration
- How innovation has changed because of disruptive technologies
- How you can overcome the divide between technology and process expertise
Technology doesn’t just support the back-end functions of an organization. In the digital age in which 90% of learners use some form of a digital tool, it’s important to tailor our businesses technological strategies to improve the customer experience. To learn more about how this can be achieved in a large scale organization, we sat down with Ozge Saritosun Kurtoglu, the current Vice President of Pricing Strategy and Insights at Pearson Corporation. In this exclusive interview, discover:
- How Pearson are building customer-centric strategies
- Current customer expectations and what you can do to meet them
- Why customers should be at the heart of digital transformations
Businesses across the globe are at very different stages of their technology journey, with each journey being completely unique. In order to benchmark your own digital journey, we have completed three individual case studies across an array of industries to show where companies currently are in their tech implementation.
- How the Mayo Clinic have improved their traditional scan tool to allow the clinic to process hundreds of scans per week
- How Blue Cross Blue Shield have been removing legacy systems and improving data capabilities
- How Vidéotron have developed and launch of two all-digital frameworks to create a new customer journey and experience
With more and more organizations focusing on how disruptive technologies can help increase both the efficiency and the effectiveness of their businesses, leaderships roles are beginning to change. We spoke with Brenton Harder, the current Head of Process Excellence at BNY Mellon about how and why Process Leader roles are changing and what skills a successful Process Leader now needs to have.
WARNINGS FROM A FAILED TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION PROGRAM
Ask most CIOs why failure to successfully introduce technology into the workplace sometimes happens and they will tend to blame a lack of employee buy-in. But the possible hurdles facing organizations are numerous and often hard to discern – from unreliable vendors to a deficiency in training. Ahead of Technology Excellence Week 2018, PEX Network spoke to one CIO who had recently undergone a series of failures when attempting to introduce a new system to his global company. On the provision of anonymity, he agreed to walk us through the points of failure and to share his words of advice for others looking to target a similar objective…
Take a look at the Show Report for Technology Excellence Week 2018 and what to expect from Technology Excellence Week in September 2019.
This report highlights:
- Key sessions from 2018
- Who attended TEX Week
- Key themes and challenges
- What the attendees had to say
- Who should attend TEX Week?
- What to expect from 2019!