Tuesday, 8 October 2019
8:00 am - 9:00 am Breakfast Workshop: Women in OPEX: Female Leadership in OPEX & Business Transformation
According to the Workplace Trends Millennial leadership Survey, 91% of millennials aspire to be a leader and out of that, 52% were women. When asked about the type of leader they aspire to be, 63% chose “transformational”, which means they seek to challenge and inspire their followers with a sense of purpose and excitement.
This interactive breakfast workshop gives you the opportunity to connect and forge meaningful relationships with female leaders in the OPEX & Business Transformation space. Diversity in any organization is no longer a nice to have with numerous studies now highlighting that companies with diverse leadership teams are more profitable – up to 5% more profitable in fact. This workshop is a forum to create an informal network with your peers, understand how other companies are practically going about diversifying their workforce and take home practical skills to help your own career.
- Develop yours and your employees personal brand and leadership skills to drive a company through a transformation and influence the bottom line
- Create a recruitment strategy that encourages diversity, builds technological capabilities and promotes leadership qualities
- Why the role of digital is important and how to increase the number of women with technology skill sets
9:45 am - 10:15 am Ensure your processes, transformation initiatives and structures maintain pace with expectations and sustainable growth
• Start with strategic intent and connect it to operations to improve customer interactions and experience
• Effectively work with business units to hit the right combination between solving problems and measuring performance in OPEX interventions
• Move from mechanical process design to business outcome driven alignment of ways of working, mindset and competencies
• So, are Waterfall and Lean Six Sigma over and done with?
Anne-Sophie AndreHead of Global Process Architecture
10:15 am - 10:30 am Train Your Mind: Build your way to better business and transform insight and awareness into commitment and shared goals
The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology is an innovative process designed to enhance innovation and business performance. Based on research which shows that this kind of hands-on, minds-on learning produces a deeper, more meaningful understanding of the world and its possibilities, the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology deepens the reflection process and supports an effective dialogue – for everyone in the organization.
Each participant will be given a pack of 6 LEGO Duplo bricks of 6 different colours. The moderator will teach the group how to use the LEGO bricks as an icebreaker in their own workshops and meetings to spice things up!
Ondrey NovotnyLCI Business Partner, Business Service Operations
10:30 am - 11:00 am Celonis Panel Discussion: Leverage data analytics at the core of your business strategy
• How can you use data analytics to accelerate insight creation and what insights to look out for?
• How data analytics improves decision-making and operational efficiency
• How to make data analytics part of your business strategy to maintain pace with your changing needs?
• Access real-time data to respond to customer behaviour and market dynamics faster
Nadine De DeckerDirector Strategic Partnership Improvements
Johnson & Johnson
Martin RowlsonGlobal Head of Process Excellence
Paul WhiteOperational Excellence Director
Anne-Sophie AndreHead of Global Process Architecture
11:00 am - 11:30 am Solution Insights Demonstration
11:30 am - 11:50 am Networking Break & "Organizational Optimization" Book Signing @ the Optimize Consulting stand!
11:50 am - 12:20 pm We have dealt enough with processes in the last couple of months. Now let’s get back to business.
- How to look past organisational politics to achieve what you need to achieve
- Remove the disconnect between lean initiatives and process management in the business units
- Changing organisational structures by establishing three centres of excellence
- Transcend the objectives of the centres of excellence into the business units
- Win the war: Align senior business leaders with OPEX and ensure the C-suite see value
Harald SchoppeSenior Director, CoE Process Management Methods & Tools LH Group
Deutsche Lufthansa AG
12:20 pm - 12:50 pm Transform a systematic organisation into a customer-centric, digital business
Eurostar had long been rigid and systematic, but in the modern day there is a greater need to focus on operational management due to increased customer demands for security, dealing with disruption and poor operational performance. Therefore Eurostar have paid great attention to moving through the customer experience journey through a transformation that is turning digital.
- Change the way you interact with customers and improve operational performance through employee engagement
- Connect everyone to the business through e-learning, KPIs, leadership, and training programmes
- Turn HR from an administrative role to a core part of your operation that supports the culture and transformation
- Defunctionalise the business to become more business-focused
Gerard JacquesDirector of People
12:50 pm - 1:50 pm Networking Lunch
Transformation (Track Hosted by IBM)1:50 pm - 2:20 pm End-to-end digital transformation journey: from strategy to execution
- How adaptability, profitability and scalability have precipitated Hiscox’s digital transformation
- What digitalisation means for your operating model
- Why a multidisciplinary approach is required to achieve success
- Balancing foundations with innovation and technologies such as RPA and AI
- How to scale up transformation across different business units in Europe
Julien StolinHead of Change Europe
Transformation (Track Hosted by IBM)2:20 pm - 2:30 pm Post Presentation Interaction
Transformation (Track Hosted by IBM)2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Align the business, operations and process teams to achieve excellence
· The role of the business design team: Business Process Management, automation (RPA) and front-to-end redesign
· Why you need to align the process CoE with business units, auditors and operational excellence
· Aligning the evolution of OPEX with the revolution of Process
Nancy SachdevaBusiness Architect
Transformation (Track Hosted by IBM)3:00 pm - 3:10 pm Post Presentation Interaction
Transformation (Track Hosted by IBM)3:10 pm - 3:40 pm Next Generation Transformation: Simplify, automate, augment
• Set aligned breakthrough initiatives that cumulatively disrupt how work is done today
• Task your CI team to deploy a transformation system that is agile, enables technology, delivers ROI and delights customers
• Changing behaviours: Walk the talk and inspire all in the value chain
• Align the whole organisation by fullyintegrating the “Simplify - Automate – Augment” principle to channel investments
• Utilise new digital solutions, such as Process Mining, RPA, AI and Big Data, to improve stakeholder outcomes and deliver a fantastic customer experience
Roy GarnhamOperational Regional Director
Transformation (Track Hosted by IBM)3:40 pm - 3:50 pm Post Presentation Interaction
Process Optimisation1:50 pm - 2:20 pm Support quality and continuous improvement through processes and data
• The controls and mind sets needed to drive quality
• How to put the right processes and controls in place that are needed to drive continuous improvement and improve quality
• Leverage your growing data landscape to drive continuous improvement and quality
• Why data and the process landscape are imperative for quality and continuous improvement
Process Optimisation2:20 pm - 2:30 pm Post Presentation Interaction
Process Optimisation2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Standardise and harmonise your processes to turn an IT project into a process-driven one
· How we harmonised the companies processes and systems
· Why change and leadership are vital to turn an IT project into a process-driven one
· Create a harmonised template that ensures traceability of product and response time to quality issues
· Changing our strategy from programme deployment to reducing speed of final roll out as we hit critical mass
Robbert BrakelCorporate Director Summit & Process Transformation
Process Optimisation3:00 pm - 3:10 pm Post Presentation Interaction
Process Optimisation3:10 pm - 3:40 pm Process and Business Owners delivering performance together in a digital world
- Manage change when integrating companies: Consolidate people and maintain high levels of performance
- Business process assessment: maturity and development, defining value flows and establishing sustainable and predictive BPM
- Collaboratively develop lean end-to-end processes by connecting organisations and IT Systems up to Maturity Level 4 to ensure efficient implementation of the company strategy in line with a central Business Performance Management System
- Implement and monitor process performance indicators to continuously improve sustainability
Process Optimisation3:40 pm - 3:50 pm Post Presentation Interaction
Behavioural Change (Track Hosted by Optimize)1:50 pm - 2:20 pm Change fast and fail fast: Why it’s fine to make mistakes
- Ensure your entire company understands why you are changing and the opportunities therein
- Make sure your architecture is flexible enough to support your idea, the business and change
- Stop working in silos and promote a meritocratic culture that is collaborative
Miguel HernanzVP, Head of Global Service Delivery Transformation for Customer Service Health Systems
Behavioural Change (Track Hosted by Optimize)2:20 pm - 2:30 pm Post Presentation Interaction
Behavioural Change (Track Hosted by Optimize)2:30 pm - 3:00 pm From Continuous Improvement to Continuous Innovation: The future of CI in a digitalized world
• First Lean, then digital?
• Where is Continuous Improvement heading towards?
• How can we prepare us today for a more agile and innovative future
• The future role of Operations Excellence
Dr. Iris KaibVice President Corporate First Choice Office
Deutsche Post DHL
Behavioural Change (Track Hosted by Optimize)3:00 pm - 3:10 pm Post Presentation Interaction
Behavioural Change (Track Hosted by Optimize)3:10 pm - 3:40 pm Organizational Optimization: The Holistic Transformation
Why the need for Optimization?
• Assessing the Current State of your Organization
• Transforming your Organization to a Future State of Optimization
Lee WintersSr. Director of Strategy Optimization
Behavioural Change (Track Hosted by Optimize)3:40 pm - 3:50 pm Post Presentation Interaction
Technology1:50 pm - 2:20 pm Complement operational excellence with new technology to deliver customer satisfaction
- Embrace new technology in an evolving OPEX world
- How to remain customer centric while keeping your employees happy
- Why people are imperative for maximising new technology and what they need to understand about data
- Build your own data scientists and AI team to deliver operational excellence
Patrick HoubrigtsDirector of Operational Excellence
Technology2:20 pm - 2:30 pm Post Presentation Interaction
Technology2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Use process mining to remain competitive amidst a global reorganisation
• How to take advantage of the reorganisation by improving the process mining initiative
• Continually strive for standardisation and find a way to measure performance across a company that is difficult to align
• Reduce deviation by having business divisions in the centre of your organisation
• Capitalise on the consistent drive from top management to transforming the organisation
• What core processes and data analytics are required within this transformation project
Heymen JansenGroup Vice President, Head of Advanced Process Analytics Quality & Supply Chain
Technology3:00 pm - 3:10 pm Post Presentation Interaction
Technology3:10 pm - 3:40 pm Enterprise-level service: Reference architecture and building a technical transformation strategy
· Create a technology strategy and reference architecture that suits the business needs
· Produce a digital process strategy that can transform the business ideas into technical capabilities and a standard architecture
· Promoting the strategic capabilities throughout the organisation
· Build a governance model to secure a more holistic view
Luke TempleEnterprise Architect
Technology3:40 pm - 3:50 pm Post Presentation Interaction
2:10 pm - 4:10 pm Build a Bot
This exclusive masterclass with leading RPA provider Automation Anywhere is a practical, hands-on session showing you just how easy it is to build software bots. In less than 40 minutes, with minimal assistance from us, you’ll build a software bot yourself and get a better idea of how RPA can be applied in your organisation.
• In pursuing higher levels of performance and productivity in your organization through RPA and AI technology, will your employees suffer?
• What are the challenges to making work ‘human’?
• Are we addressing these challenges by enabling our human teams to succeed and helping reskill our displaced human workforce?
• What do you want the future of work to look like?
Sean GourleyProduct Training
3:50 pm - 4:20 pm Networking Break
4:20 pm - 4:45 pm OPEX Quiz
Take part in an OPEX themed quiz that will test your knowledge of who invented OPEX way back in 200 BC, which American gave OPEX to the Japanese and facts delivered throughout the morning’s show!
4:45 pm - 5:30 pm The Joy of Work: 30 Ways to Fix Your Work Culture and Fall in Love with Your Job Again
Bruce Daisley VP, EMEA Twitter
Bruce Daisley VP, EMEA Twitter
Bruce’s team is responsible for the development of Twitter across Europe, Middle East and Africa. He also runs the top Business podcast, Eat Sleep Work Repeat and his first book - about improving work and our work cultures - was published by Penguin Random House in spring 2019.
Learn from the 2014 CEO “Fantasy Hire”, a top 10 most important Digital influencer and a top 500 Influencer in Britain on how to fix your culture and fall in love with your job again!
Bruce DaisleyVP, EMEA
5:45 pm - 9:00 pm Evening Reception
On Tuesday night, we are celebrating OPEX & Business Transformation Europe in fabulous style. Enjoy PEX-Tini’s, beer and wine as you Party with
PEX and your fellow attendees! Grab a drink and join in the fun. There’s no better time to meet new friends than at a PEX Party!