Women Leaders in OPEX and Business Transformation Focus Day - 08/29/2019
9:30 am - 10:00 am Registration and Morning Refreshments
10:00 am - 10:40 am Leading to change, and change starts with you!
- When you’re leading people, you have to look to yourself – a personal journey
- Traits important to achieving success in leadership and inspiring others
- Being self-aware and continually learning
- Creating energy and a clear vision for yourself and those in your team
Julie ZimmerChief Operating Officer
10:40 am - 11:10 am Creating women leaders: Practical approaches to upskilling and developing those with leadership capacity
- The role of digital: increasing the number of women with tech skills
- Creating an effective mentorship and development program
- Empowering women to put themselves forward for leadership roles
11:10 am - 11:40 am Networking Break
11:40 am - 12:40 pm Mentor/Mentee Discussion Session
Our role is to foster long lasting connections between industry leaders through our on-site mentorship program. Choose
to be a mentor or mentee depending on what you want to accomplish and we will match you with an individual that will
help achieve your goals. During this session come armed with at least one core challenge you’re facing and be prepared
to dig into this with your mentor.
We recommend at least 2 contact points in the months following the event to help forge a long lasting relationship.
12:40 pm - 1:40 pm Networking Lunch - Featuring Informal Luncheon Discussion Group hosted by GoLeanSixSigma.com
Informal Luncheon Discussion Group:
Advocating for Ourselves: Increasing Women’s Voice in Operational Excellence
Come join us for a lunchtime discussion about how to showcase what we bring to the table. Women are amazing contributors, but we are the often last people to mention our success. We solve big operational issues and build strong problem-solving cultures wherever we go but gender norms often dictate that we remain unsung heroes. How do we get the word out without feeling like we're crossing the line into pushy hucksters? How can we work together to make sure our talents are known and put to good use? Stop in and share your thoughts with us over lunch, meet some new colleagues and consider our collective "voice.”
Hosted by GoLeanSixSigma.com
Elisabeth SwanManaging Partner
Tracy O'RourkeManaging Partner
1:40 pm - 2:10 pm Afternoon Keynote: A case study: Our approach to creating a developing a diverse OPEX team
2:10 pm - 2:50 pm Panel discussion: Recruiting and maintaining a diverse team
- Creating a recruitment strategy for your team that encourages diversity and embraces T-shaped skills
- What does it mean to create an inclusive culture, and how can it benefit your business?
- Influencing organizational strategy: understanding the impact on the bottom line
- The importance of diversity & equity for an engaged team
- What can leaders do to help promote these principles?
- How can leaders encourage team member participation?
Jennifer HurstGlobal Performance Excellence Leader
Linda MannsManager, Resource Operations and Regulatory
Sally ToisterSenior Director, Operational Excellence, US & Canada