Workshop Day - Monday 1st April
8:30 am - 9:00 am Thank you for Attending! Registration & Networking
Workshop A9:00 am - 11:00 am Ensuring OPEX is supported by senior management
Without buy-in from senior management, a process excellence team is unlikely to succeed. This practical workshop will provide you with realistic guidance for becoming a strategic partner to the business, including:
- Where to begin with engaging the C-suite in OPEX: what language and ideas will capture their attention?
- Putting together a business case for a transformation or other major initiative
- The traps to avoid when persuading senior executives of the potential benefits of a transformation or improvement initiative
- Practical steps on the journey toward making OPEX a more strategically aligned function with full support from upper management
WORKSHOP B9:00 am - 11:00 am Using AI to enhance your operational efficiency, quality and competitiveness Alex Burak - RPA Solutions Consultant, IBA Group
Identifying use cases and understanding how to apply these technologies to solve operational problems.
▪ What is the current state of play for AI uptake in the business world? Which industries are using it and for which purposes?
▪ The system and data requisites for the most common AI-powered operational improvement tools
▪ How to determine the most suitable tool for your business problem or requirement
▪ What tangible business benefits can we expect from an AI deployment compared to RPA or other potential solutions?
Alex BurakRPA Solutions Consultant
11:00 am - 11:30 am Networking Break
WORKSHOP C11:30 am - 1:30 pm Measuring the value of process improvements Marcin Golabek - Continuous Improvement Director, Ficosa
Ensuring your metrics are proactive, tangible and business relevant – and how to capture the data to support it.
Marcin share with you the model and formulas he has developed over three years at Ficosa for tracking the accomplishment of activities, the CI maturity throughout the business and the tangible business benefits such as month-by-month cost savings and customer satisfaction.
The structure of the workshop will be:
- An introduction to the model for measuring the progress and benefits of CI or OPEX initiatives
- How the reporting works: creating a one-page visual representation of the business value, explaining CI progress to the executive team and the business units
- Exercises to solidify your understanding of how to apply this model within your organisation
Marcin GolabekContinuous Improvement Director
WORKSHOP D11:30 am - 1:30 pm Applying agile concepts in a complex organisation Susie Young - Director, People & Organisation, Baringa Partners
Frameworks of agile organisations are popular with the C-suite and reflect the pace of change being felt in most industries, but how can you implement it in a complex business laden with silos, legacy systems, regulations, and employee inertia?
Oli will walk you through practical models and steps that you can implement back in the workplace, including real world examples and break-out activities putting theory into practice.
Your practical learning outcomes include:
- An understanding of different organisational models that can underpin a more agile way of working, and which one would be best suited to your organisation
- A plan to manage your governance and business control considerations
- Key tools and communication strategies for bringing stakeholders on board with you on this major cultural shift
- The top five things to avoid in order to make a success of an agile roll-out
Susie YoungDirector, People & Organisation
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm Networking Lunch
WORKSHOP G2:30 pm - 4:30 pm Running a strategically driven OPEX function
Looking at how to prioritise, manage and communicate improvement work to retain corporate backing.
You will be taken through:
- Where to begin with prioiritising programmes in the face of many potential initiatives? Is there a scientific approach we can take to this challenge?
- What role can data analysis play in the prioritising of OPEX work? What does this mean at a practical level?
- Keeping the OPEX team on track against the delivery of strategic goals despite competing demands
- Successful communication strategies for the C-level and the board
WORKSHOP I2:30 pm - 4:30 pm How to identify the right RPA opportunities that pave your way towards successful implementation Graham Turnbull - Director, Reinvigoration
Ryan King - Partner, Reinvigoration
During this workshop you will be guided through the process of getting things right as we demystify the factors that will enable you to not only pick the right RPA opportunities, but also how to prioritise which processes you should start with:
- Which processes should be prioritised and which are optimal for automation?
- How to rapidly scope each process and structure your approach
- How to introduce new digital workflows and ways of working with the bots
- How to support your organisation in its transformation around RPA
- How to put the responsibilities and governance measures in place across your organisation as you scale