Tuesday: Main Conference Day 1
7:30 am - 8:00 am Registration and Coffee
8:00 am - 8:10 am OPEX WEEK Day Two: Chair's Opening
8:10 am - 8:30 am PLENARY KEYNOTE: Developing digital and business capabilities through centre of excellence
8:30 am - 8:50 am PLENARY CASE STUDY: Measuring and Accelerating Digital Transformation with Intelligent Automation
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is the largest health benefit plan company in Tennessee and was looking to improve business performance and service through Automation. This session will offer ideas and opportunities on how to diagnose, identify, and measure processes. With the first RPA implementation, the Process Improvement Team at BlueCross achieved over 50% process efficiency improvement. Hear how they validates their success through measurement and time studies, and how they identify new processes.
Sondra EtchisonManager Enterprise Process Improvement
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
David JonesAutomation CoE Team Lead
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
8:50 am - 9:20 am PLENARY PANEL: Forging a strong Business IT Relationship for successful digital transformation
· Understand the pros and cons of IT driven vs. business driven transformation initiatives
· Where do communications break down and how to fix it?
· The changing roles of IT in business and digital transformation
· How can IT provide the digital business platform to support business transformation
Tara MulrooneyChief Technology Officer
Alberta Energy Regulator
Jamila ConleyVice President, IT Business Solutions
Mia LeondakisVice President, Business Transformation & Automation
Steve PowerSenior Director, Digitizing Global Operations
9:20 am - 9:40 am PLENARY SESSION: Real Business Performance Impact Using CMMI V2.0
- Leveraging CMMI framework to advance process maturity and drive real business impact
- Each of these will be illustrated using real-world examples and anecdotes from the FDA/CMMI Medical Device Discovery Appraisal Program
Ron LearChief Architect
Mark RutkiewiczVP Quality
9:40 am - 10:00 am PLENARY KEYNOTE: Drive Agile Business Transformation by Shifting Culture and Mindset
START BY CHANGING HOW PEOPLE BEHAVE
- Old Model: Change Thinking to Change Behavior
- New Model: Change Behavior to Change Thinking
AGILE AND STANDARDIZATION CAN WORK TOGETHER
- In fact, the best way to scale Agile across the enterprise is to standardize
- FOSTER A CULTURE OF CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT BY
- Empowering staff to challenge the standards!
- Relentlessly focus on problem solving
- FOCUS ON ECONOMIC VALUE AND BENEFIT REALIZATION
- Measure the baseline Productivity, Quality, and Labor Costs
- Make key metrics visible and embed them into the day-to-day operations
Guru VasudevaSenior Vice President and CIO
10:00 am - 10:30 am Amplifying Automation ROI with process discovery
10:30 am - 11:15 am Solution Providers Demo Drive/Morning Break
Interactive Discussion Groups: Strategic Transformation
IDG A11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG A: Strategy planning: Getting the first steps right for your strategic transformation
- Define what transformation means to your organization
- Determine how to leverage (or define) your corporate strategy to guide and enable your transformation
- Define the roles and accountability of leadership and front-line employees
- Ensure proper communication of the strategy and related roadmap
Darren RehrerDirector of Process Excellence (PEX)
IDG B11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG B: Deliver business vision and change through a business transformation office
· Why to you need a business transformation office?
· Set up and run a transformation officer effectively
· What are the key initiatives should a transformation office focus on
Christy HartnerSenior Vice President Advisory Services
IDG C11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG C: From process improvement to transformation BAU: Rethink strategy alignment, customer experience and value creation
· How to define your transformation: Focusing on strategic value creation
· From process improvement projects to business wide transformation: Capabilities and skillsets required to embark on your transformation journey
· Develop a strong relationship with business units and IT to see through the transformation execution
· Technology as an enabler: Focus on the areas where it creates the most customer and business impact
Rafal OlejniczakGeneral Manager, Board Member, Global Service Centre
IDG D11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG D: Develop the strategic bridge between process and technology improvement to power the future growth
· Process improvement in the new digital reality: What does that mean for your business?
· How does process improvement and technology advancement work perfectly together to deliver exponential growth opportunities
Shay O'ConnorSVP of Sales
Clifford LeeVice President
Octagon Supply Chain
IDG E11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG E: Adapt to and continuously improve in the new digital world
· The need to adapt: Why traditional OPEX professionals need to change now?
· What are the traditional improvement concepts and perceptions that need to be refreshed?
· How to upgrade your skillsets and toolkits to adapt to the digital world?
Mark EtwaruDigital Transformation
The Estée Lauder Companies
Interactive Discussion Groups: Process Excellence
IDG F11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG F: Driving process ownership for an end to end process transformation
· Who should own the end the end process?
· Developing an end to end process mindset and culture to break down communication silos
· How to make sure you have the executive-level support and sponsorship
Dani HollisVice President, Project Implementations and Quality
IDG G11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG G: Combining lean, design thinking, agile and RPA for the next generation process transformation
· How different tools such as lean, design thinking, agile and RPA can be deployed to drive business results
· Develop an adaptive approach to drive business transformation
Mesbah HaqueFormer Vice President, Global Technology
IDG H11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG H: Explore different approaches to develop CI capabilities across the company
· Developing a roadmap from OPEX strategy to execution
· What are the capability plans for the OPEX roadmap
· Different ways to engage top leadership, mid management and front line/shop floor employees
Carl WibergGlobal Continuous Improvement Manager
IDG I11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG I: Progressive OPEX: What happens after 10+ years of continuous improvement
· Changing the way you change to drive sustainable improvement
· Seizing improvement opportunities brought by the change of business landscape
· Driving stakeholder behaviors for long term continuous improvement sustainability
· Re-aligning with new business objectives and strategies
Elke HollmannHead of Global Process Development
IDG J11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG J: You can’t manage it if you can’t measure it. How to measure your transformation effectiveness?
· Developing KPIs and metrics to measure your OPEX effectiveness
· Telling a tale of growth instead of efficiency
· Building a business case by demonstrating quick ROIs
Beth JohnsonVP, Operational Excellence, Digital Finance
IDG K11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG K: Launching a successful Process Center of Excellence
· What are the key building blocks for a successful Centre of Excellence?
· Focusing on tactical success and tangible project savings
· Stakeholder management, getting the right role mix
· Developing and ensure adoption of governance and standards
· Continually growing value and process participation through out the enterprise
Kush PathakEnterprise Head, Lean COE
Interactive Discussion Groups: Technology Excellence
IDG M11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG M: Driving OPEX and transformation in analytics
- Transforming the impact from Process Excellence by accelerating it with Automation (RPA & AI)
- How process excellence approach and methodologies perfectly dove tail into the automation approach
- Capture and drive business insights through analytics in commercial and R&D environment
Tanuj KapoorAssociate Principal - Head Operations Excellence & Intelligent Process Automation
Stephen ReddenManaging Principal, Operations Practice Area
IDG N11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG N:How can process improvement professionals upgrade their skillsets quickly or the new reality of digital transformation
- How has digital advancements changing the process management world
- What are the new skills required for digital process excellence?
- Process redesign for digital processes
Leslie MonopoliMaster Black Belt and Change Agent
IDG O11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG O: Deliver fast ROI on Intelligent Automation
· How to best prepare for implementing Intelligent Automation
· What have been the most effective models of implementing Intelligent Automation
IDG P11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG P: How can process mining unlock the inherent value of automation
IDG Q11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG Q: Driving next level business performance through BPM and RPA
Interactive Discussion Groups: People & Culture Excellence
IDG R11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG R: Addressing the CI Talent Gap- Retention and Development amid the Digital Transformation
The digital transformation is resulting in fundamental changes to manufacturing, and in general how businesses operate and how they deliver value to customers. As the name implies, the digital transformation is about change--change in technology, change in process, and changes in how decisions are made and communicated. Increased amounts of data are a by-product of technological advancements, but data in its raw form does not hold much value. Turning data into actionable insights is more challenging, particularly in quality, where domain expertise is critical. Embracing the people who understand not only how to drive change but also how to gather and utilize data is how organizations gain competitive advantage. Join us as we share research and discuss what organizations are doing for effective digital transformation.
Jenn AtlasSenior Statistician
Tom ZaritskiStrategic Account Manager
IDG S11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG S: What can we learn about change from an industry that has gone through four industrial revolutions?
· A cross industry perspective on change: how changes have been shaping different industries?
· What are the experiences we can learn from manufacturing industry that have gone through the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and now the 4th industrial revolution
· Focusing on managing change effectively to stay ahead of the current digital change
Alexander BreskvarVP Quality Offshore
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
IDG T11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG T: Let your people own the transformation!
· Challenge the historical hierarchy to bring the next level of productivity: “How things really work” vs “This is how thing have always been done”
· Empowerment of the employees: where does that authority start to shift where does it lie in the transformation?
· Demonstrating examples: highlighting the type of behaviors desired to drive change
Garret J. EtgenPh.D., Senior Director and Six Sigma Champion, Lilly Research Laboratories Operations
Eli Lilly and Company
IDG U11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDT U: Develop a continuous improvement culture
· How to define what a continuous improvement culture is for you
· How to develop and promote behaviors that creates the culture
Laurie BrooksGlobal Director, Process Transformation
IDG V11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG V: Change mindset and behaviors to make your transformation stick at each level
· What does a successful change management structure look like?
· Change sustainment: How to make it stick?
Guru VasudevaSenior Vice President and CIO
Interactive Discussion Groups: Customer Excellence
IDG W11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG W: AI in customer service: NLP and Chatbot driving next generation customer experience
IDG X11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG X: Leverage continuous improvement to improve customer experience
IDG Y11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG Y: Digital transformation accelerating customer experience
IDG Z11:15 am - 1:00 pm IDG Z: Using process excellence for customer feedback: Design and analyze transactional NPS
· What is a TNPS (Transactional Net Promotor Score) vs. a customer satisfaction survey
· Design and analyze the survey results to understand what the customer really wants
· How to conduct proper voice of the customers, are you going at the right things?
Jim HinderksGlobal Operations & Continuous Improvement
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Networking Lunch
Track A: Strategy Transformation2:00 pm - 2:25 pm Case study: Best practices on how to organize a central transformation office that links to company strategy and execution
· What is enterprise business transformation and what is not?
· Why do transformation offices fail in delivering their promises?
· Examine the pros and cons of different structure for transformation office set up
· What type of leadership is required to ensure the success of business transformation office?
· Best practices on how a Business transformation officer manages PMO
Daniel McCombeHead of Business Transformation
Track B: Process Excellence2:00 pm - 2:25 pm Case study: Scaling up CI capability and influence to support rapid growth
· Developing Hoshin planning in the service world to influence strategic improvement
· Deploying strategy: determining key metrics for success
· The LEGO approach in CI capability development
· Translating your strategic deployment for your Business Services Organization
· Turning strategy into reality for your staff
Peter EvansGlobal Continuous Improvement Director
Track C: Technology Excellence (Intelligent Automation)2:00 pm - 2:25 pm Case Study: Mitigate process risks through process automation and innovation: OCC’s journey from workflow optimization to RPA implementation
· Creating a single process repository to reduce risks and improve efficiency
· Capturing and analyzing data to provide continuous improvement avenues
· Focusing on task efficiency: How can RPA adding the next level of value
· Fostering a strong business IT relationship to bridge collaboration and seamless execution
Bill RaczykDirector - Process Innovation at Options Clearing Corp
Track D: Technology Excellence (Digital Transformation)2:00 pm - 2:25 pm Case study: A Better Together Story – Data, Analytics, Continuous Improvement, Robotics and AI Collectively Helping to Shape the Customer Experience
The combination of the right data with accelerated process technologies helps deliver the experiences your customers expect.
• Getting the basics right: What data are you after? What information is really meaningful?
• Developing a Business Intelligence strategy to support your goals
• Adopting a data first mindset for better decision making
Robin GomezDirector Data and Analytics
Track E: People & Culture Excellence2:00 pm - 2:25 pm Liberty Mutual’s multi-year transformation journey: Closing business gaps with an integral transformation approach
- The 5 years journey into Liberty Management System: A shift of focus towards enterprise wide transformation
- Focusing on closing business gaps through an integral problem solving approach
- Developing end to end value streams that’s tied to business strategy and customer impact
Steven HallVice President, Process Excellence Leader
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Track F: Customer Excellence2:00 pm - 2:25 pm Case study: Combining CI and Automation to dramatically transform customer experience
· A lean based Continuous Improvement program as the backbone of transformation
· A fast track Robotic Process Automation program generating efficiency and cost saving
· Digitizing the business and manual forms to improve customer experience
· Reengineering legacy systems and processes for employee engagement and effectiveness
· Improving first call resolution, Deploying IVR and self services to reduce call rates
Shaun MansinghAVP, Continuous Improvement and Automation
2:25 pm - 2:30 pm 5 minute changeover
Track A: Strategy Transformation2:30 pm - 2:55 pm Driving business stability and agility from digital re-invention
· Digitizing content and process to create a stable digital backbone for your business transformation
· Managing complex workflows in a seamless solutions for simplicity and agility
· Developing an internal culture to embrace technology change
Robert WellsManaging Director RPA Strategy
Track B: Process Excellence2:30 pm - 2:55 pm Developing a process architecture approach for visualisation improvement
Track C: Technology Excellence (Intelligent Automation)2:30 pm - 2:55 pm Strategic automation - thinking beyond ROI
- Unexpected gains from your automation programs
- Associate and customer experience focus
- Quality impact - Error reduction and rework
- Compliance for standards
Justin BishopSolutions Delivery Head
Track D: Technology Excellence (Digital Transformation)2:30 pm - 2:55 pm Field Report: How Three Companies Accelerated Operations Using Low-Code
Every company has them...even hundreds of them. Internal, manual processes that slow your operations down. Join Walker Fenton, senior vice president of product at TrackVia, as he takes your most audacious manual processes and shares how three companies with similar use cases increased the velocity of their operations -- without compromising cost or quality -- using low-code application development platforms.
Walker FentonSVP Product Management
Track E: People & Culture Excellence2:30 pm - 2:55 pm Develop problem solving capabilities to shift the culture
- Key learnings: cultural transformation from 15 countries in Pharmaceuticals and Finance.
- Establishing a learning support system across tiers: Tools Workshops, Action Coaches, Role Model Leaders, and Certified Change Agents
- Balancing standard work capabilities with local needs: Lean, Agile, Design, OD, Six Sigma, Kaizens
- Selecting “pull” problems that resonate: Strategy, CI, RPA, DFSS, Leader Time, High Performing Teams
Sameer AnandDirector Business Transformation
Track F: Customer Excellence2:30 pm - 2:55 pm Drive actionable customer and process insights
· Designing, mapping and recording customer journeys to identify customer pain points
· Re-designing operational processes to meet the customers demands
Brandon GerigProcess Design Manager
2:55 pm - 3:00 pm 5 minute changeover
Track A: Strategy Transformation3:00 pm - 3:25 pm Panel Discussion: How to measure the effectiveness of your transformation office?
· What’s the mission of the transformation office?
· What are the effective metrics to leverage for measuring your transformation?
· Developing an effective governance structure for your transformation office
Robert ThackerDirector, Global Product Marketing & Enablement
Robert WellsManaging Director RPA Strategy
Cristian MateiHead of Business Transformation
Stella MoorajDirector of Business Optimization
Track B: Process Excellence3:00 pm - 3:25 pm Case study: Bio-Rad’s three year journey in building a global operational excellence program from base-camp to sustainability
This case study will take you through the Global OE journey that Bio-Rad has launched in 2015 focusing on the following learning points:
· Building a global program that enables transparency, breaking silos, engagement, recognition and sustainability
· How to build strong program globally taking into consideration the different cultures and ways of doing business, while ensuring standardization and change management along the way
· Where is the journey taking us: from Global Supply Chain to expansion across the entire organization
Stephane DeblockDirector, Global Operational Excellence
Track C: Technology Excellence (Intelligent Automation)3:00 pm - 3:25 pm Case study: Scaling up RPA and piloting AI to drive maximum business value
· Launching and operationalizing RPA to reap fast ROI
· Navigate your way through developing g a center of excellence for RPA
· Fine tune the business rules to drive revenue
· Building an architecture to develop AI capabilities
Anish SharanManager, Business Process Improvement
CME Group Inc.
Track D: Technology Excellence (Digital Transformation)3:00 pm - 3:25 pm Case study: Implementing an Enterprise Data Analytics Strategy to drive operational excellence in the Army
· A strategic approach: Develop an enterprise-level data analytics capability
· Sharing real case studies: Enable analysis, extraction of meaningful information, and decision making based upon large, diverse, and real-time datasets
· Where are we investing on: Moving from descriptive and diagnostic analytics to predictive and prescriptive analytics
Track E: People & Culture Excellence3:00 pm - 3:25 pm Adopting a process and change mindset to support growth and business model shift
Since being founded in 1990, WWT has doubled their business every 5 years. It was clear to the executives that their operational processes could no longer sustain the growth, hence a different approach was required. This case study will walk through WWT’s transformation journey since 2016 focusing on key initiatives, approach, lessons learned and business impacts.
- An end to end transformation journey driven by business growth and model shift
- A practical approach: Demystifying technology and process to make the journey easier
- Lessons learned on change management and people impact
David O’TooleDirector Operational Strategy
World Wide Technology
Track F: Customer Excellence3:00 pm - 3:25 pm Case study: Transform customer engagement by digitizing end to end customer service
· Drive fully digitalized customer service from quote to cash
· Adding a human touch: Managing agent behaviours in digital environment
· Embedding automation to ensure end to end transformation
· Leveraging big data and analytics to better respond to customer requests
Steve PowerSenior Director, Digitizing Global Operations
3:25 pm - 4:00 pm Transformation Clinics/Afternoon Break
Track H: Process Excellence4:00 pm - 4:25 pm Combine RPA with Automated Machine Learning to make AI driven decisions that improve existing processes and unlock hidden ROI
Track I: Technology Excellence (Intelligent Automation)4:00 pm - 4:25 pm Operationalize RPA: Overcoming challenges in scale up
Track J: Technology Excellence (Digital Transformation)4:00 pm - 4:25 pm Building the right process infrastructure for your digital business transformation
Barbara InfanteDirector - Data & Analytics, Business Process Excellence; Agile Chief Product Owner
Track K: People & Culture Excellence4:00 pm - 4:25 pm Case study: Deploying blended learning for Operational Excellence
· Assess your process improvement culture
· Consider new strategies for accelerating your PI Culture
· Learn new approaches for developing PI capability and delivering results
· Learn, from a high-level, how to deploy Virtual Blended Learning, effectively
· Assess if/how Virtual Blended Learning can apply to your PI Culture
Craig HigtonVP L365 & Quality
L3 ISR Systems Segment
4:25 pm - 4:30 pm 5 minute changeover
Track G: Strategy Transformation4:30 pm - 4:55 pm Getting to the DNA of business transformation – the VEOLIA case study
· Reengineer the key Organizational elements: Where to start, what’s next and how to continue?
· Deploy a world class Continuous Improvement initiative –types deployments based on the Reengineering results?
· How to exceed stakeholder’s expectations when combining “copy with pride” and “integrated To Be design” concepts?
Jorj Madalin MihailoviciChief Executive Officer
Mihai SavinDeputy General Manager
Apa Nova Bucuresti
Irina MunteanuCFO, SAP & Oracle Project Sponsor
Track H: Process Excellence4:30 pm - 4:55 pm Case study: Don’t just do lean, be lean: Achieving supply chain excellence
· A well defined approach with a clear focus on developing lean culture: Don’t just do lean, be lean!
· Use Hoshin Planning to deliver improvement aligned with strategic goals
· Leverage Kaizen activities to build continuous improvement
· Develop internal capabilities through training to drive ownership in operations team
· Achieving operational excellence from the enterprise level with strong leadership support and engagement
Brad GilletteFormer Director, Supply Chain Excellence
Track I: Technology Excellence (Intelligent Automation)4:30 pm - 4:55 pm Advancing into Intelligent Automation: Delivering sustainable automation with RPA & AI combined with Process excellence
· RPA Piloting: Where to start and what are the key processes included?
· Demonstrate the business case for a fast scale up: Focusing on the ROI
· Adding process mining capabilities for visualization and governance
Vinay MummigattiChief Automation Officer
Track J: Technology Excellence (Digital Transformation)4:30 pm - 4:55 pm Case study: Deliver tangible business value with Data Analytics through three case studies
Known for their successful process automation programs in the industry, Western Union keeps the push boundaries in process innovation and analytics. This session will showcase how they have applied analytics tools and methods to deliver significant business value.
· Deliver millions top line revenue through analytics in global pricing organization
· How to get team involved in process innovation and analytics?
· Analytics becoming ever more important in strategic decision making
Ricardo BadilloDirector, Business Process Management
Track K: People & Culture Excellence4:30 pm - 4:55 pm Case Study: End to End supply chain transformation through process excellence, BPM, RPA and Process
Anita will share how she and the team have transformed the Lowe’s supply chain from strategy to execution to business impact in the past 4 years.
· Put a transformation strategy together based on what really matters to the customers
· Visualize and create the product flow throughout end to end supply chain
· Standardization and process centralization: Creating an environment for each individual associates to be part of the
· Leveraging analytics and metrics to drive process insights and identify improvement opportunities
Anita RajanSupply Chain Process Excellence Leader
4:55 pm - 5:00 pm 5 minute changeover
Track G: Strategy Transformation5:00 pm - 5:25 pm Change your business model and process to meet the new customer demand in the digital age
· Drivers for change: A complete shift from manufacturer/hardware focus to become a data powered software and services business
· Changing external and internal processes to simplify the customer journey and interfaces for better experience
· Sharing examples of successful transformations with significant business impact
· A multi-year digital transformation journey to modernize systems and capabilities
· Think like an ecommerce business with ease for customer experience
· A different way to approach data and business intelligence to drive transformation forward
Heidi HattendorfDirector, Transformation Office
Track H: Process Excellence5:00 pm - 5:25 pm Case study: F5’s Five Year Journey in maturing process management from ground up
· A ground up approach to develop and mature your process management: Where to start and how?
· Proof of concept: Improving process efficiency, SLA fulfilment and customer satisfaction
· Expanding into key functions and departments to scale up the process maturity level
· Leveraging Process Practitioners Governance Board for project selection and change management
Keith LinderProcess Manager
Track I: Technology Excellence (Intelligent Automation)5:00 pm - 5:25 pm Case study: A practical approach to drive value in your Robotic Process Automation program
· What are the key challenges and lessons learnt from our RPA implementation journey?
· What to focus on when you pilot, roll out and scale up your RPA program?
· A practical guideline for RPA implementation
Judith Garcia-GalianaVice President, Global Service Centers