Wednesday: Main Conference Day One
7:00 am - 8:00 am Breakfast Briefing (Invitation Only)- A collaborative approach for Intelligent automation for enterprise integration and process efficiency
- Learn how intelligent automation platforms can provide enterprise integration, process automation, and employee experience at the same time
- Enabling business users and IT to collaborate in order to build, operate and rollout automations without compromising security and governance
Markus ZirnVice President, Business Development
7:30 am - 8:00 am Registration and Coffee
8:00 am - 8:10 am OPEX WEEK Day Two: Chair's Opening
8:10 am - 8:35 am KEYNOTE CASE STUDY: Going beyond today's workplace: how to develop a culture of continuous learning
As technologies such as Robotics and AI continue to disrupt the way we work, companies need to prepare their workforce not only for today’s challenges but for tomorrow’s competitiveness. This keynote presentation will showcase how Nationwide has developed a continuously learning organization at a mega scale.
- Examining the new organizational and workforce ecosystem: Learning and work
- Developing and maintaining a culture of continuous learning
- How did we scale this to the entire organization?
Guru VasudevaSenior Vice President and CIO
8:35 am - 9:00 am KEYNOTE CASE STUDY: Enterprise transformation driving significant operating margin
This case study will share how Boston Scientific has leveraged a comprehensive end to end transformation strategy to improve their operating margin by 40% in the past 6 years. Their impressive transformation results have enlisted them as a proud Shingo Prize winner 5 times, Best Plant of Industry Week and multiple other awards on their new product development process.
- An end to end approach on transformation: What sets us apart from the others
- Initiative the innovation engine while optimize back office and manufacturing processes
- Driving innovation environment for new product devilment
- Strike a fine balance in growth-driven and efficiency driven initiatives
Dean JablonskyVice President, Global Enterprise Excellence
9:25 am - 10:00 am PLENARY PANEL: Bringing lean, agile and digital transformation together to deliver enterprise wide transformation
In order to stay on top of the whirlwind of change, today’s transformation leaders need to leverage different methodologies and foster a culture of innovation to drive fast change and constant improvement. In this keynote session, panel members will discuss and explore the following areas:
· How can lean, agile and digital transformation come together to drive large holistic transformation?
· What have been achieved with the latest smart technology solutions: BPM, RPA, OCR, Analytics, AI, Blockchain and IOT?
· Develop a culture of innovation to impact business results
Guru VasudevaSenior Vice President and CIO
Deena JohnSenior Director Innovation
10:00 am - 10:30 am SOLUTION PROVIDERS DEMO DRIVE SESSION (EXPO HALL)
OPEX Week is all about making that critical connection to future proof your OPEX and transformation strategies. During this session, you will get the chance to hear from solution providers during a short pitch on their innovative solutions and how these can benefit your business transformation and OPEX visions.
10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning Break
Interactive Discussion Groups
IDG A11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG A: Pivoting your business model through M&A and transformation strategies
- Examining your business model and positioning in the industry ecosystem
- Leveraging M&A to reposition yourself and develop new business models
- M&A vs. transformation: What are the pros and cons?
- New perspectives on business risks and business continuity
IDG B11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG B: Building and advancing a transformation roadmap towards exponential growth
- Aligning stakeholder and customer needs with your transformation strategy
- Pulling multiple transformation levers of People, Process, Technology + Data for intelligent business operations
- What to do when things go wrong?
IDG C11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG C: Rethink strategy alignment, customer experience and value creation
- Rethink value creation by Incorporating customer perspectives with internal processes
- Making sure improvements are truly aligned to your strategy and are sequenced correctly
- A key element of value creation: What outcome are we trying to achieve?
- KPI realignment: Measuring the things that matter
Tina DingerSenior Vice President - Enterprise Project Management Office
IDG D11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG D: Linking strategy planning to transformation execution
- Prioritizing on investments and resources through strategic planning
- Translating your strategy to every step and aspect of your execution
- Developing the right capabilities for the transformation to move forward
Ryan MayerVice President - Operational Excellence
BioReference Laboratories Inc
IDG E11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG E: Bringing together digital, lean and agile to transform at scale
- Adapt to and continuously improve in the new digital world through digital, lean and agile transformation
- Developing the strategic bridge between process and technology improvement
- What are the key challenges in scaling up your transformation and how to avoid them?
Ewerton PavanBusiness Transformation Leader
Interactive Discussion Groups
IDG F11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG F: Driving process and transformation ownership for end to end transformation
- Becoming a transformation leader: Earning and owning your transformation
- Let your people own the transformation! But exactly how?
- Breaking down departmental silos to drive process ownership and transformation
Anu PujjiPrincipal of Operational Excellence
IDG G11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG G: A multi-layered solution to process transformation: Combining lean, design thinking, agile and RPA for the next generation process transformation
- How to organically advance your transformation leveraging proven tools including lean, design thinking and agile
- Developing new problem solving capabilities
- What are the effective frameworks to embed automation in process improvement?
IDG H11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG H: Explore different approaches to develop CI capabilities across the company
- Developing a roadmap from OPEX strategy to execution
- What are the capability plans for the OPEX and CI roadmap
- Driving OPEX and CI across the entire organization: It is here to say
IDG I11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG I: Progressive OPEX: What happens after 10+ years of continuous improvement
- How to continuously deliver improvement results year after year?
- Seizing improvement opportunities brought by the change of business landscape
- Re-aligning with new business objectives and strategies
Kristen WorkmanDirector Lean Office Transformation
IDG J11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG J: Developing horizontal and vertical KPIs to drive end to end transformation
- What are the right things to measure in process transformation
- Integrate vertical KPIs to ensure efficiency and productivity
- Develop horizontal KPIs to drive end to end process integration
IDG K11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG K: : RPA to ROI: Where does your CoE start?
Robert will lead the groups discussing:
· Best practices to identify candidates for RPA
· How to provide transparency into how and where RPA is being used
· Managing change and our new bot workforce
Robert ThackerDirector, Global Product Marketing & Enablement
Interactive Discussion Groups
IDG L11:00 am - 1:45 pm IDG L: Building analytics capabilities to drive OPEX and transformation
· The increasing role of data & analytics in the new OPEX reality
· Going beyond reporting with your data – driving insights and empowering decision making through data
· Integrating your data sets to ensure consistency and accuracy
IDG M11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG M: Unleash the hidden value for collaboration with a closer look at content management
· A principle based approach in content management and collaboration
· Finding communication tools that work the best for your transformation
· Are you using the communication tools to their full potential?
Bror MullerVice President Business Change
IDG N11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG N: RPA & Cognitive computing: Achieving end to end intelligent automation
· Understanding different roles of RPA and cognitive technologies in process optimization
· Where does cognitive take over in the intelligent automation journey?
· Going beyond the buzz to create business impact with cognitive capabilities
IDG O11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG O: Driving next level business performance through BPM and RPA
· How is RPA and BPM complimenting each other to ensure long term business success
· Embedding RPA in your BPM infrastructure to create maximized business result
IDG P11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG P: Shifting to an agile mind-set
- Develop a culture of innovation by shifting to a “fail safe” and “fail fast” mind-set
- Improve organizational agility without losing accountability
- What are the roles of leadership in developing an agile culture
- Develop data-driven decision making processes
IDG Q11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG Q: Mergers and Acquisitions – Aligning cultures and processes
· How to achieve sustainable cultural change after the first excitement or fear?
· M&A mathematics: is 1 plus 1 more than 2, or is it less than 1?
· Did you ever think of values before thinking of Mergers?
· Acculturation – or searching for a new common culture
· What behaviours and experiences reinforce or conflict with a new common culture?
· How well aligned companies must be internally prior to executing an M&A strategy decision?
Elke HollmannHead of Global Process Development
Interactive Discussion Groups
IDG R11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG R: Leverage diversity especially diversity of thought to drive transformation
· How can a diversified workforce be more productive?
· Creating an open and welcoming environment for all to foster innovation
· Move beyond just a statement: The importance for leaders to walk the talk
IDG S11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG S: Ensure sustainability for your improvement and transformation initiatives by focusing on mindset and behaviors
· Building a holistic system of environmental support that allows an improvement culture to sustain
· The important role of leaders in OPEX sustainability: How to keep them actively involved
· Constantly upskilling and training the workforce to ensure the DNA is passed on
Jim HinderksGlobal Continuous Improvement
IDG T11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG T: Transition change management: What if nirvana didn’t happen?
Jasmine will lead this discussion group to uncover the most common pain points in transition change management and aim to provide practical applications for attendees to take away with.
- Why is your change management not sticking?
- Dealing with the aftermath: What happens when communications fall apart?
Jasmine YamasakiSenior Change Manager, Enterprise Process Excellence
IDG U11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDT U: Driving innovation and a “fail fast” culture in large enterprises
- You don’t need to reinventing the wheel all the time – exploring different innovation types
- Are your innovation real innovation? - Deliver step change rather than incremental improvement
- How are your innovations impacting the business on a strategic level?
- The critical role of leadership in driving innovation at scale
Deena JohnSenior Director Innovation
IDG V11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG V: Organizational redesign towards business agility leveraging systems thinking
- Redesigning operating model to keep up with evolving business change and strategies
- Restructure your organization towards business agility
- Systems thinking accelerating business and digital transformation
Interactive Discussion Groups
IDG W11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG W: Enhance partnership between technology and business to drive towards business agility
· How to build business agility in your strategic planning?
· Shortening the planning cycle and Linking the annual strategic planning to execution planning
· Enabling faster response from IT by roping them in different stages
· Breaking down departmental priorities and targets to enable enterprise thinking
Ashu MalviyaVice President, Global Transformation Office
IDG X11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG X: Aligning and developing customer centric KPIs into continuous improvement
Many companies put customer centricity as a key transformation goal yet few have specific action plans to execute and measure customer centricity. This session will discuss:
· Aligning customer journey with internal processes
· What are relevant customer centric KPIs to incorporate into your CI program
· Transforming call centers into profit centers
IDG Y11:00 am - 1:00 pm IDG Y: Operationalize innovation to structure and implement new business models
· From experimenting to scale up: What are the key considerations
· Define the business case and push it through for implementation
· How to operationalize innovation in the business model?
Uzair RashidSenior Manager Healthcare Strategy & Innovation
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Networking Lunch
Track A: Turnaround, growth & holistic transformation2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Reinventing towards a customer driven and nimble organization: A Thomson Reuters case study
Powerful legacy and strong culture are great assets for any organization yet can hinder the steps towards modern transformation. Biju will share a mind blowing transformation journey he has been leading in Thomson Reuters to become more nimble, customer driven and think more like a start up:
· Identify the need to change and opportunity to transform
· Reinventing the organizational structure: From silo product focused to customer segment oriented
· Changing the way of working: From a traditional hierarchical company to a nimble organization
· Re-hiring for the right mind-sets and capabilities for the future
Biju BhaskarGlobal Head of Business Agility
Track B: Process Transformation2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Case study: Supporting rapid business growth though a multi-methodology OE approach
As a fast-growing, dynamic biotech company, Moderna has doubled its size in the past 2 years and OE is required to support the business growth. Rob will share the key learnings through their journey:
· Introducing OE procedures, processes, policies and the governance structure into a dynamic fast faced business environment
· A multi-methodology approach: Leveraging LSS, design thinking and PMO in different functions to maximize business results
· Putting together the OE roadmap ensuring stakeholder alignment and communications
Rob KennySenior Director Operational Excellence
Track C: Digital Transformation2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Case study: GM Financial “Two-Headed Monster” RPA approach: Leveraging a partnership between IT Services & Business Operations
· The PEX/RPA journey at GM Financial
· Focusing on the how: Identifying and prioritizing automation opportunities through joint partnership between IT and the Business
· PEX & RPA as a key next step to maturing capabilities for process improvement and automation
· Advancing process maturity through PEX and RPA
Adrian TerryVice President, Enterprise Services -- Process Excellence & RPA
Track D: Culture Transformation2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Turn it around! Establishing Operational Excellence “as a way of life” to drive Top Quartile business outcomes
This session will focus on how operational excellence can act as a key lever to:
- Deliver consistent and sustainable performance improvements to achieve ambitious targets
- Ensure there’s visible leadership commitment demonstrated through meaningful strategy translation and cadence
- Reinforce that everyone is accountable for how their work contributes to business outcome
- Empower staff at all levels to continuously improve their work
- Use simple, clear and consistent language from the front line to leadership to deliver and improve day to day performance and ways of working
Yr GunnarsdottirOperational Excellence/Continuous Improvement Deployment Lead
Track E: Innovation & Business Agility2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Case study: The keys to AT&Ts Agile Transformation
Have you wondered how large enterprises make the transition from waterfall to agile to SAFe®? If you are a large enterprise, have you thought “that can’t happen here. They just don’t understand how we work!” Let’s look at how a 130+ year-old company with nearly 250,000 employees is making the shift. Join the conversation as AT&T shares what is working, how success is being demonstrated, and where opportunity still exists.
- Understand what AT&T has achieved in about a 2 year time-frame
- View AT&T’s Approach to Implementing SAFe
- Explore how AT&T’s Coaching Model drives consistency within engagements
- Discuss how we have shifted from Leadership Support to Leadership Engagement
Candace KelleyDirector - Technology, Enterprise Agile Transformation
2:30 pm - 2:35 pm 5 minute changeover
Track C: Digital Transformation2:35 pm - 3:05 pm Choose Your Adventure: Three Tales of Digitization
Walker FentonSenior Vice President of Product
Track D: Culture Transformation2:35 pm - 3:05 pm Bringing together innovation, creativity and OpEx to foster future growth
Track E: Innovation & Business Agility2:35 pm - 3:05 pm Combining BPM and Business Architecture for business value creation
3:05 pm - 3:10 pm 5 minute changeover
Track A: Turnaround, growth & holistic transformation3:10 pm - 3:40 pm Leveraging balanced score card to measure transformation results
Track B: Process Transformation3:10 pm - 3:40 pm Case Study: Hoshin Planning? Really?
Leaders prefer Management By Objective – it’s simple, directive, appears to be clear. But reality is far more complex than top-down goals and pet projects. Learn how Wolseley Canada’s Supply Chain organization has embraced hoshin planning, sussing out the complexity in the plan prior to execution, tested, and adapted their strategy based on results.
· Bring the “pay me now, or pay me later” complexities in a strategy to life
· Simple tools you can use to manage the deployment and execution of objectives
· Role of leadership: learning through execution vs “accountability”
· Putting the customer at the center of your strategy
David HaighDirector of Continuous Improvement
Track C: Digital Transformation3:10 pm - 3:40 pm Case study: A full scale digital transformation case study from BMO: Accelerate agility and improving efficiency and customer experience
In the past 4 years, BMO has been going full steam ahead towards digital transformation. Michelle will share experiences, obstacles and lessons learned during this journey:
· Challenging the status quo with a relentless focus on efficiency with digital tools
· Linking everything we do with customer experience: Prioritizing through human centered design
· Enabling colleague’s work by replacing manual work with RPA
· Creating KPIs to align digital transformation with execution
Michelle JoliatManaging Director and Head, Wealth Digitization, Robotics, and Process Transformation
BMO Financial Group
Track D: Culture Transformation3:10 pm - 3:40 pm Case study: Reimagining and developing a strong and effective culture to fit your new business model
Track E: Innovation & Business Agility3:10 pm - 3:40 pm Case study: When performance transformation met customer experience: We thought we were customer centric!
After leading Ericsson’s global performance management for nearly 2 decades, Nathan recently added a new role of Global Head of Customer Experience, which provides him a unique opportunity to review and redesign transformation framework and metrics using the real customer insights. This case study will share some of the obstacles he’s come across and interesting discoveries from this experience:
· Uncover what’s truly important for the customer and the mismatch between internal and external perspectives on customer experience
· Re-prioritize performance transformation with the consideration of the customer experience
· Overcoming the difficulties of change when new customer perspectives were provided
Nathan HillmanHead of Performance and Transformation, North America
3:40 pm - 4:10 pm Afternoon Break
Track A: Turnaround, growth & holistic transformation4:10 pm - 4:40 pm A Prudential case study: Strategizing and executing large scale business and process transformation across five lines of business
This case study will share experiences from Prudential’s ambitious business transformation strategy and the 4 key pillars driving business impact:
- Process excellence and continuous improvement: A bottom-up approach to drive process efficiency in local areas
- Process reengineering and process design for new product launch: A top-down strategic view on enterprise wide process re-invention
- Developing a holistic Digital Workforce framework
- Building an innovation lab to apply new technologies and initiatives
Subhro GuptaVice President and Head of Business Process Transformation
Track B: Process Transformation4:10 pm - 4:40 pm Nokia's Triple play of Business Excellence, Innovation, and Competence Scaling for Competitive Advantage
This case study showcases how Nokia’s quality transformation team delivers massive business value year on year since it’s initiation from 2012:
· The foundation of Nokia’s quality transformation method
· Leveraging evolving methodologies encompassing lean six sigma, design thinking and machine learning
· A relentless focus on value delivery
· Developing organizational quality competency
Vic NandaHead, Quality Capabilities & Consulting
Track C: Digital Transformation4:10 pm - 4:40 pm Case study: Scale up RPA rapidly with profound business impact: Key learnings from McKesson
Started in the shared services environment, McKesson’s RPA program has rapidly developed and scaled to over 100 processes across multiple business units and continents in just 2.5 years. This case study will shed lights on the approach and steps they have taken to achieve such great results:
· Initiating robotics programs in shared service centers to show results quickly
· Managing organizational change to pave the way or scaling up
· Supporting global implementation through a strengthened infrastructure
· Leveraging the resources from partners to scale up rapidly
Rich BenoitDirector of Automation Solutions
Track E: Innovation & Business Agility4:10 pm - 4:40 pm Case study: Using Mind Mapping in support of more robust business development
This will address how to use mind mapping to convert knowledge from tacit to explicit in support business development to:
· Expand the capture process creating a picture to visualize competitors in the market
· Advance an organization’s understanding of the current market
· Identify gaps in business development processes to propose ways ahead
Dr. Cindy YoungSystems Engineer
4:40 pm - 4:45 pm 5 minute changeover
Track A: Turnaround, growth & holistic transformation4:45 pm - 5:15 pm Improving client experience through a cohesive operational excellence strategy
· Strengthening strategic partnerships by collaborating with clients to solve problems
· Using Lean to make processes and operating models more efficient and effective at delivering superior client service
· Delivering enhanced technology to support better processing and enable more self-service capabilities for clients
· Leveraging robotics and Machine Learning to scale quality and allow employees to focus on more value added servicing
· Promoting and adopting best practices across businesses for greater impact
Loren BishopManaging Director of the Lean Management Office
Track B: Process Transformation4:45 pm - 5:15 pm Cast study: Leveraging the Process Maturity Level (PML) model to uncover process waste, measure the unmeasurable and deliver bigger savings results in agile speed
- Deploy the Process Maturity Level (PML) model across the enterprise functions to access the CPD (Cost of Poor Documentation) faster and identify the biggest improvement opportunities
- Prioritization toolkit that objectively scores and effortlessly ranks your lean projects to support your fact based approach
- Applying lean six sigma, agile and RPA tools to drive efficiency and improvement
- Expanding the model with global foot prints of deployment
Tavis AddisonHead of Process and Quality Management
Track C: Digital Transformation4:45 pm - 5:15 pm Advancing into Intelligent Automation through RPA, Analytics and Process Mining
Track D: Culture Transformation4:45 pm - 5:15 pm How is Danske Finance creating millions in value whilst striving to become one of the Great Place to Work companies
In his current role at Danske Finance, Jarkko and his team focus on creating value through customer journey. One of the key obstacles they have realized along the way is culture and employee engagement. In this session, Jarkko will share how they are overcoming these challenges and striving to become one of the Great Place to Work companies by:
· Defining the culture especially when no one is looking
· Implementing different initiatives in OPEX, Customer Experience and Employee Experience
· Creating millions in business value through both revenue generation and savings
Jarkko VuorikoskiHead of Customer Journey
Danske Bank (Finland)
Track E: Innovation & Business Agility4:45 pm - 5:15 pm Track closed for awards rehearsal
5:15 pm - 5:20 pm 5 minute changeover. All track attendees move back to the plenary room.
5:25 pm - 5:30 pm 5 minute change over. All track attendees move back to the plenary room.
5:20 pm - 6:00 pm Keynote: Making business more human to build your new X-factor for the future: Embracing and driving change
Change is the new normal. The pace at which industries and customer expectations are evolving isn't slowing any time soon. Driving business results is now dependent on your ability to not only "manage" change, but to embrace it, feel energized by it and proactively seek to drive it. The companies that figure out how will grow and thrive. The ones that don't will experience a slow decline into obsolescence. This keynote session will walk through the industry change that Walgreens has gone through and the transformation strategies they are leveraging to navigate through the change. In addition, Brian will share his passion for leading change and bring an authentic story on the human side of transformation!
· The need of finding new ways to drive productivity and growth in today’s drastic market change
· Driving innovation and building an agile way of working to create tomorrow’s competitiveness
· The human side of the transformation: Our journey of leading change amongst Walgreens’ 220,000 employees
· Finding the new X-factor in the mind-sets of your people
Brian KedziorSenior Director, Organizational Development and Change Management
6:00 pm - 6:30 pm OPEX Week Global Awards (Open to all conference attendees)
Join the conference attendees, awards judges and finalists to find out who the winners and runners-up are in the Global OPEX 2020 Awards. With 9 transformation categories including Transformation Leader of the Year,
You’ll be finding out who’s the best of the best for this year. There’s still time to apply, write to us at email@example.com
6:30 pm - 6:30 pm Platinum OPEX Week Global Awards Reception: Celebrating 21 years of excellence
OPEX Global Awards has been an integral part of the OPEX community for the past 21 years, recognizing and celebrating the most innovative, inspiring and the boldest OPEX best practices, teams, and transformation leaders. Join our award winners, finalists and all of those who live and breathe transformation and excellence in this special evening and raise your glass to those who have been inspiring us for the past 21 years.