COO & Chief Transformation Officer Summit: Wednesday, January 22nd (Invite Only)
7:00 am - 8:00 am Registration and Coffee
8:30 am - 8:45 am Chair’s Welcome
Tony SaldanhaFormer Vice President, Global Business Services, Next Generation Services
Procter & Gamble
8:45 am - 9:30 am Panel Discussion: Holistic transformation from the top: Resolving the new C-suite quest to transformation
Change has never been faster and the pressure to transform is immense. Transformation comes in different forms yet successful transformations are usually led from the top with a relentless focus on strategy alignment, people, capability development and making the right investments. This panel discussion invites C-level transformation leaders not just to explore the best transformation strategies but also to discuss the push and turns within the organization to eventually drive transformation in the right direction:
· Setting priorities to Strike the right balance between short-term improvement and long-term value
· How to balance the needs from the CFO and the CTO?
· A collaborative approach to drive holistic transformation: What does that look like?
· Deploying the often-limited resources at their disposal to the different priorities of a transformation
Himanshu AroraChief Data and Analytics Officer
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Jasmine AhmedSenior Vice President, Transformation
9:30 am - 10:00 am Don’t Let Culture Clash Sabotage Your Next Acquisition
Close to 52,000 mergers and acquisition deals were announced worldwide in 2018, with a total value of 4.09 trillion USD. According to multiple studies, some 70% to 90% of all acquisitions are “abysmal failures.”
These dire statistics result from a variety of common inadequacies, including ineffective risk management, unclear operational strategy, lack of communication between stakeholders, and poor project management. But there is another primary culprit which is often overlooked—the inability to integrate disparate company cultures. Research published in the International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies confirms that misalignment between two company cultures is a prominent factor of acquisition failure.
Drawing from 30 years of successfully guiding cultural transitions and integrations in many of the world’s top companies, Tanner Corbridge provides his insights on how to make culture integration part of your acquisition strategy.
In this session, learn how to:
· Gain clarity around company culture
· Establish shared organizational objectives
· Define the shape of the new company culture
· Assess your company culture
· Thrive in the new company culture
Effectively addressing culture integration before, during, and after the mergers and acquisition transaction streamlines the development and management of the new company. Start managing your culture, or it will manage you.
Jared JonesSenior Partner
Partners In Leadership
10:00 am - 10:30 am Solution Providers Demo Drive Session ( Expo Floor)
10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning Break
11:00 am - 11:30 am Finding method in the madness of business transformation: Westfield’s quest to holistic transformation bringing People, Process, Technology and Data together
Westfield’s business transformation goes beyond digital into the business model reinvention, organizational re-structuring and new competency development. Amir’s profound background in analytics ensures that their transformation is based deeply rooted on data and insights. This session will shed lights on:
· Westfield Insurance’s powerful journey of holistic transformation leading to holistic transformation: What are the key considerations?
· Operationalize your business transformation blueprint on business and operational levels
· Bringing lean and agile together to drive process and technology excellence
· Focusing on developing competencies for the future
Amir FaridChief Operating Officer & Chief Transformation Officer
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Transforming to the thrilling digital future through Automation and AI – A LexisNexis case study
· Leveraging BPM, RPA and AI to achieve digital transformation
· How are automation and AI technologies integrated in business processes to drive end to end transformation
· What have we learned from the LexisNexis automation journey
Vinay MummigattiChief Automation Officer
Roundtable 112:00 pm - 1:00 pm Winning with digital transformation
Roundtable 212:00 pm - 1:00 pm Identifying growth opportunities
Roundtable 312:00 pm - 1:00 pm Organizational and process redesign to adapt to modern customers
Roundtable 412:00 pm - 1:00 pm Future of work & learning
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Networking Lunch
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm How a Cognitive Enterprise Reinvents from the Inside Out
A new era of business reinvention is dawning. The 'outside-in' digital transformation focus is giving way to the 'inside-out' potential of reshaped standard business architectures and intelligent workflows thanks to an unprecedented convergence of forces and exponential technologies. This framework has given birth to Cognitive Enterprises who are defining and pursuing a bold vision to realize new sources of value and restructure their industries, missions and business models. Discuss how executives like you are focusing on becoming smarter businesses to take advantage of technologies and capitalizing on vast amounts of data to reinvent and transform from within. And because delivering enterprise services at scale is so critical, we will also collaborate on the standardizations required to drive the development and deployment of effective cognitive enterprise agents at scale.
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Case study: Serta Simmons’ turnaround & transformation through unprecedented market disruption for future growth
The global retail industries are going through major disruptions. It takes strategic foresight, relentless focus on customers and adaptive operating strategies to be successful in this challenging marketplace. This case study will share Serta Simmon’s turnaround & transformation in a market disrupted by shifts in consumer behavior, new direct-to-consumer entrants, bankruptcy of largest retail-partner, low-cost foreign imports, and channel migration.
- A case of “swim or sink”: Serta Simmons turnaround & transformation strategy in a competitive marketplace
- Identifying key growth drivers through reinventing channel strategies, including direct-to-consumer
- Innovation focusing on radical simplification to the business
- Competing on service and quality in a customer dominant market
- Developing a customer-centric culture across the entire organisation
David CamposChief Transformation Officer
Serta Simmons Bedding
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Panel Discussion: Inspire and lead in times of constant change: Developing leadership capabilities to cut through complexity
In Global Human Capital Trends 2019 survey, 80% of respondents cited leadership as a high priority for their organizations; however, only 41% think their organizations are ready to meet their leadership requirements. The 21st century leadership requirements have adapted in order to keep up with the ever evolving environment of the workplace. In this session learn how to:
- Manage changing customer and talent demographics and culture differences
- Keep your team motivated throughout change?
- Create your personal brand and become a more successful leader to drive your transformation
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm Afternoon Break
5:20 pm - 5:25 pm 5 minute changeover and move to the plenary room
5:20 pm - 6:00 pm Keynote: Making business more human to build your new X-factor for the future: Embracing and driving change
Change is the new normal. The pace at which industries and customer expectations are evolving isn't slowing any time soon. Driving business results is now dependent on your ability to not only "manage" change, but to embrace it, feel energized by it and proactively seek to drive it. The companies that figure out how will grow and thrive. The ones that don't will experience a slow decline into obsolescence. This keynote session will walk through the industry change that Walgreens has gone through and the transformation strategies they are leveraging to navigate through the change. In addition, Brian will share his passion for leading change and bring an authentic story on the human side of transformation!
· The need of finding new ways to drive productivity and growth in today’s drastic market change
· Driving innovation and building an agile way of working to create tomorrow’s competitiveness
· The human side of the transformation: Our journey of leading change amongst Walgreens’ 220,000 employees
· Finding the new X-factor in the mind-sets of your people
Brian KedziorSenior Director, Organizational Development and Change Management
6:00 pm - 6:30 pm PEX Awards Ceremony (with the main conference group)
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm Platinum Global PEX Awards Reception & Pool Party: Celebrating 21 years of Excellence
Join our award winners, finalists and all of those who live and breathe transformation and excellence. Raise your glass and toast to the 21 years of celebrating excellence!