Partner, Business & Operations Improvement Leader, Financial Services Advisory
Christopher Harris is the national leader of EY’s Business & Operations Improvement practice. This team is part of the firm’s global Performance Improvement Advisory group and supports the transformation agenda of EY clients across financial services lines of business, operations, and finance.
Mr. Harris is also a global leader in EY’s Robotics & Intelligent Automation group. This team leverages the full breadth of emerging technologies to change how financial services companies do business including digital, robotics, and cognitive.
With more than two decades of management consulting experience for financial services companies, Mr. Harris has led or played key delivery roles in dozens of projects which helped clients identify more than $1 billion in new revenue opportunities and more than $2 billion in annual expense savings.
Prior to joining EY, Mr. Harris was a partner in a large, global consulting firm where his responsibilities included management of the North American credit strategy consulting practice and banking business process outsourcing practice.
Selected engagement experience
• Led the global implementation of automation capabilities for one of the world’s largest banks, including the design of regional hubs to enable consistent and stable scale for dozens of implementations
• Led the redesign of all lending operations (commercial and consumer) for a top 20 U.S. lender, including 9,000 employees, 27 lending businesses, all products, and every function from origination through default. The new operating model coordinated lending environment end -to-end, leveraging shared service utilities for operational support, common technologies, and offshore delivery
• Led a global operations assessment and sourcing strategy for a large commercial real estate lender. Recommended configuration of global operations based on market characteristics, relative cost structures, outsourcing potential, and overall growth strategy
• Led an effort for a $5 billion private equity firm to help stabilize and improve the performance at its specialty sub-prime mortgage servicing company, including consolidation of multiple business lines and shared services functions
• Led a project to design, pilot, and implement a national service center strategy for one of the nation’s largest health care companies. Consolidated 17 call centers and claims payment facilities; relocated 4 others to improve cost structure and access to attractive labor markets
• Client work experience in US, Canada, Europe, Australia and India