A woman of vision, Angela Lopez has empowered many with her contagious passion and vivacious energy. Her superpower is connecting people and technology to inspire change. A long time Columbus, OH native, she was featured in Business First as a champion for her work advancing women in tech, and received the first ever “Wise Woman Award” from EmpoWE-R Women of InfoSec. She is committed and regularly invests in mentoring and sponsoring others to reach new success, in 2016 she founded a local non-profit for women in tech that has grown exponentially, serving over 5 cities and over 5000 women in tech annually.
Her career is no place short of adventure, as a single mom- achieving a Bachelor of Science in Operations Management from Ohio State University, and MBA in Information Systems for Keller School of Graduate Mgmt. She’s continuously challenged herself by navigating internally and externally customer facing careers combining diverse technologies and business problems. She combines all of this to drive Innovation the Operations at Chase bank in her current role as VP, of Innovation Strategy.
During the pandemic, she’s developed a new passion for futurism. She believes the future isn’t so hard to predict if you’re looking at the right indicators. She loves to have fun, and is known to have random salsa dance parties, enjoys weight training. The only pets she keeps are projects and bookworms.
· How to select, monitor and measure the impact of projects that drive high-performance results
· Become an innovation driven organization that empowers the workforce with the tools and skills for long-term business impact
· Embrace technology investments in a truly strategic and agile way
· Empower people to work in new ways and facilitate creative and collaborative business transformation efforts
· Give the green light on learn-by-failing, volunteering ideas and to questioning historical ways of working
· How to pilot these principals in risk-averse, bureaucratised or regulated organisations