8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration & Welcome Refreshments
9:00 am - 10:30 am Workshop A: The Lean Office: Learning to see the invisible
Peg Pennington President MoreSteam
Peg Pennington President MoreSteam
Digitization, process automation, the knowledge worker - each factors contributing to the evolving creation of invisible factories operating within every business. Continuous improvement and operational excellence principles drive adoption of these technologies. But how and when to make the move and to continue making improvements? Consider participating in this workshop during which you will contribute to a participant-driven simulation. The session will cover how to reveal and understand those invisible processes, make data-based decisions to meet customer requirements, and adopt methodologies for managing the changes/improvements, including lean production and management tools, RPA and process mapping/management. Participants will learn:
• How to manage the flow of work horizontally across the silos that exist in organizations;
• How the tools of lean should be used to engage participants and management;
• How to manage short cycles of improvement activities across functional areas;
• How huddle boards can be used to manage daily activities and continuous improvement activities
• How Leader Standard work contributes to the success of all of the above
The workshop will provide you with tools to bring home and apply immediately without additional expenses or required consultation.
9:00 am - 10:30 am Workshop B: Design and sustain best practices to build meaningful relationships with your internal customer for continuous improvement
Rarely has an effective continuous improvement culture been easy to establish. Executing a series of process improvement projects is just the first step in designing a CI culture, as it requires more to sustain and generate tangible opportunities. This workshop will give you the opportunity to:
- Take a different approach to identifying process gaps
- Improve internal communication to enable enterprise-wide collaboration
- Discover opportunities to improve process efficiency through engagement and ownership
Paul ArelGlobal Technology Business Relationship Manager
10:30 am - 11:00 am Coffee Break
11:00 am - 12:30 pm Workshop C: RPA Academy – What is RPA and is it right for me?
The process world has been radically transformed by RPA (Robotic Process Automation). Organizations are launching themselves into the digital world with extraordinary speed and increased efficiency. An implementation strategy is a key component, not only to adoption but also to ensure success of future deployments. During the workshop, we will explore:
·What makes a good RPA candidate ?
·Can RPA do everything for me, i.e. end-to-end solution ?
·How do I setup a pipeline of candidates?
·What should I expect from the Line of Business Partner ?
Kent MolterVice President, Business Process Management
11:00 am - 12:30 pm Workshop D: Take an end-to-end view of your value stream to define your OPEX Roadmap
• Move away from only leading point or local improvements towards a larger scale approach, end-to-end value
• Plan and align your initiatives to the business goals and imperatives
• Drive a sense of purpose and a common thread in your improvement efforts
Michel FarmerDirector, Operational Efficiency
Development Bank of Canada
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Lunch Break
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Workshop E: How to establish a holistic framework to improve your transformation initiative
• Create a framework for organizational thinking and the path of thinking – drawing on what perfection looks like
• Understand and evaluate formal problem solving; transparent obstacles to problems and challenges
• How to make work and opportunities visible, establishing current, target and ideal states for your operations
James HolthausDirector of Continous Improvement
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Workshop F: Drive a purpose-led transformation strategy to sustain operational excellence
Purchasing Power had experienced significant year over year growth for 7-8 years running and leaders realized the growth had extended the operational aspects of the company beyond capacity. Rather than simply overlay new technology into the business, the company embarked on an Operational Excellence focus to remove obstacles for continued growth, encourage greater innovation and build a quality mindset for employee involvement at all levels. This workshop will showcase their journey and enable you to follow similar steps through a hands-on approach. Steps include:
• Link to strategy – developing the “Why”
• Connection and the alignment of purpose
• Influence the way you solve problems
• Create the CI culture to enable operation quality
James NicholsOperational Excellence Leader
Purchasing Power LLC
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Afternoon Break
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm Workshop G: How to enable design thinking to drive your innovation strategy
Today, innovation is becoming ever more vital for businesses to maintain their competitive edge. As we increasingly adopt technology, the way we approach strategies and operational efficiency has to evolve. Design thinking provides a set of tools and techniques for a practical, creative resolution of problems. In this workshop, you will get the chance to work in teams to adopt basic design thinking methodology.
• A clarification on what design thinking methodology entails
• Best practices to leverage design thinking in driving innovation within your back office function
• See different angles in the whole picture of your strategy
• How to transform your culture to support design thinking
Richard PaulExperience Designer
Innovation Lab - AdventHealth
Innovation Lab - AdventHealth
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm Workshop H: Customer development and what they want from your business
Transform product design in a way that solves real customer needs. In doing so, expensive time and resources required to build and deliver the products are significantly reduced because they are only working on the things that really matter.
• Explore exercises in innovation discovery to enhance customer experiences
• Ensure you’re building the right product: brainstorm methods that were the most effective in transforming the strategy
• Identify key failures to your customer delivery to add greater value to the business
Enrique BelenguerBehavioral Economics Global Leader
6:00 pm - 6:00 pm Spirit Tour of New Orleans!
The Big Easy has been referred to as “The most haunted city in America.” After this tour, we’ll let you be the judge! You’ll visit several haunted sites, and take an exciting look at the relics of voodoo ceremonies, a vampire slaying kit, and age old tools of the trade used by mystical and mysterious inhabitants of the city. Tickets available now!