Lynda M. Finn
Lynda M. Finn founded Statistical Insight in 2003 to provide consulting and training services in the areas of business process improvement, Six Sigma implementation, Lean Enterprise, and specialized statistical approaches such as design of experiments and data mining. Prior to founding Statistical Insight, Ms. Finn worked for 19 years as a senior consultant at Oriel Incorporated (formerly Joiner Associates) where she was the lead subject matter expert on all Oriel Six Sigma programs.
For over 25 years, Ms. Finn has focused on using data and statistics to improve business processes and achieve key business objectives. She has:
- Worked with a range of companies including health care, software, financial services, insurance, high-tech electronics, manufacturing, retailing and publishing
- Assisted most business functions, including manufacturing, operations, sales and marketing, product development, information technology, customer service, order processing, call centers, finance, HR, R&D and training
- Developed instructor led and e-learning training programs in process management, process design and improvement tools and methods
- Coached and trained people at all levels
- Led and coached numerous improvement projects which have resulted in multi-million dollar savings for her clients
- Lead numerous data mining efforts to improve sales, reduce costs and improve product quality
She has authored or co-authored numerous publications including: Six Sigma Memory Jogger II -- a Pocket Guide (Goal/QPC; Spiral edition), Plain and Simple Process Improvement Tools Series (Oriel Inc.), and Guiding Successful Six Sigma Projects (Oriel Inc.)
Ms. Finn holds an M.S. in statistics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison (1983) and a B.S. in biochemistry from Cornell University (1981). She has been certified as a Quality Engineer by the American Society of Quality. She is a certified instructor for the Deming Institute.