Lokesh R is General Manager—Process Excellence at Firstsource Solutions Ltd., which is among India’s top three pure-play BPO (business process outsourcing) service providers. As a Master Black Belt he is responsible for implementing metric-oriented performance measurement systems, deploying process improvement frameworks, driving COPC standard implementation and certification and driving the quality culture globally across functions in India, South America, the Philippines and Europe. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Bangalore University and is a lead auditor, a COPC registered Coordinator and a certified Black Belt.
His experience includes:
• Multi functional experience covering quality, operations management and relationship management.
• Industry experience of over 13 years
- As GM—Process Excellence in Firstsource heading all quality initiatives, COPC implementation and standardization and Six Sigma initiatives in global delivery centers across South America, Europe and India.
- Over three years of experience with 24/7 Customer. As Sr. Manager for Quality responsible for implementing COPC standard, quality improvement and ISO9000. Was instrumental in getting 24/7 customer the first COPC certification in India.
- Four years with Tyco Electronics Corporation as Senior Engineer Quality responsible for process excellence. Was instrumental in implementation of process improvement culture in operations by driving improvement projects which delivered QNI of $ 1Million for Tyco.
- Over three years in automotive industry and heavy engineering industry responsible for operations and quality control, servicing all major automobile customers and heavy engineering industry.
He has experience in implementation of Quality culture in Six Sigma, TQM, ISO 9000, QS 9000 and COPC standards in various industries including Automobile OEM, Heavy Engineering, and BPO. He has participated in many Quality summits and conferences such as IQPC’s as a delegate and as a speaker.
He brings in extensive experience in identifying, leading and executing strategic Six Sigma projects for meeting customer, shareholder and employee business goals. As a Process Excellence leader, his following significant accomplishments are:
• “MBB of the year 2009” Finalist in 10th Annual Lean Six Sigma Summit IQPC–Orlando 2009
• Led integration in the Process Excellence framework for Firstsource-acquired entities in South America and Europe
• Delivered Six Sigma savings of more than $1.96 million for Firstsource in FY 2006-07 and ~ $1 million for Tyco in 2001
• Executed high impact Black Belt projects in TYCO resulting in QNI of $0.6 Million
• Certified Black Belt for QAI India Ltd.
• Qualified as a lead assessor (for ISO) by Quality Management International, in affiliation with World Quality Management UK.