Determining your networking profile: self-assesment exercise
Take part in our short networking style quiz. Answer the 37 questions to find out.
Score yourself on a scale of 1 – 4 in terms of how much you agree with each statement and how it applies to you.
1 = Not at all
3= Pretty much
1. I know the values and principles that are important in my life and my business:
2. I can list five major achievements of which I am proud:
3. I am clear about my expertise and the resources I can provide others:
4. I know my own power as a networker
5. I have a list of long- and short-term goals that I review regularly
6. I introduce myself in a clear, concise and personable way that generates interest:
7. I am at ease in groups and use conversation generators effectively:
8. I reintroduce myself to people rather than waiting for them to remember me:
9. I focus on people as they are introduced so that I can remember them:
10. I am comfortable playing host at networking events:
11. I am comfortable promoting and creating visibility for myself and my business:
12. I always keep plenty of business cards handy for each networking opportunity:
13. I make notations on business cards I receive as memory joggers and follow-up:
14. I receive and give acknowledgements daily:
15. I nurture my network with calls, notes, referrals and resources in a timely and appropriate manner:
16. I have personalized stationery or notepaper:
17. My business card file is organised and up-to-date:
18. I use an effective time management system:
19. My daily action list is completed each day with items transferred or checked off:
20. I do what is in front of me rather than creating more items on my action list
21. I return phone calls and emails within 24 hours:
22. I say no to events, activities, and meetings that drain my time, energy and focus:
23. I prepare for networking events in order to maximize the opportunity:
24. I ask for and use the support of others:
25. I find opportunities to ask "Who do you know who…..?
26. I follow up promptly on leads and referrals:
27. I regularly give referrals to and make requests of my network:
28. I trust and follow my intuition:
29. I am committed to the success of the people in my network:
30. I am known for the high level of service I provide:
31. I am an active and perceptive listener:
32. I operate with integrity and professionalism in all my interactions and endeavors:
33. I approach each contact and opportunity with an open mind:
34. I am known as a powerful networker with an established and resourceful network:
35. I use networking to benefit myself and others personally as well as professionally:
36. I see the world as one big network:
37. Networking is a way of life for me:
130 – 148 You are a powerful and confident networker. A role model for others.
100 – 129 You are an effective networker and have potential to be a powerful one.
75 – 99 You are a resourceful networker and are gaining skills.
55 – 74 You tend to be rather shy and this will impact networking opportunities
Below 55 You are definitely the Lone Ranger!
As well as networking in person you can 'network' online. If you'd like more information on how to get invovled with PEX network online or offline get in touch.